• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1155D Case info

JBlackwell

Ran a search and didn't find anything good or bad about an 1155D. Does anyone have any info on them. I picked one up reasonable and having a mechanic shop check the timing and run an overhead on it. Other then a few hydraulic lines that need to be replaced due to being waethercracked it looks ok. It also ras a ripper attachment that looks like it has been on it since new. I know it has a Case engine in it. Anything good to know about the transmission and finals?

Thanks,
Justin

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
1150's have the ability to counter rotate which is pretty handy in tight situations. The 504 engine, not as good as Cummins on 'E' model, (even though they sound better!) still a good engine, but they do have an electrolysis problem - keep your inhibitor levels up & fit a coolant filter.
Drop all the oils & check the transmission suction screen - it's a scary thing to do - but it tells all.
Curious about checking the timing?? Is there a problem starting? What is an overhead? A general inspection?

JBlackwell

Hmm, a coolant filter wouldn't be half bad, will have to do that.

Having them check the timing because it has a "tick" in the motor especially when you rev the motor up. Could be an injector too, never had a 504 engine before, but feels kind of sluggish. Having an overhead run is when you have the valve covers pulled and check and reset all of the clearances on the valves.

Crazy thing is that the last person who owned it had it completely overhauled before. I have around $10,000 in paperwork including paid parts receipts for new pistons, sleaves, crankshaft (was broke), 2 new rods bearings, new injectors, machine work. Heck I would have just put another motor in it and still come out cheaper, but oh well.