• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

103 years old and recycled

Tenspot

I bought this for our Rod & Gun Club to help maintain our 1/2 mile gravel driveway. The horse drawn gear was broken and or missing so we configured the front with a short tongue and a spinner wheel off an old sickle mower. She works pretty darned well - and me - I am not an operator, What I know about grading I learned in the first pass down the driveway.

I can find the date 1906 on it, but not a Mfg plate or name. There is a C encompassing an H logo on a couple of the Castings, but I am not sure of any one that made pull graders by the initials CH. Any help?

S7300604.jpg

Tenspot

We'll try this without the link....

Attachments

• Squawmaster 8000.jpg
    Squawmaster 8000.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 1,283

Tenspot

pulling in the edges here. Being pulled and being overall pretty light on some hard packed class 5, I had to take little bites.

Attachments

• S7300602.jpg
    S7300602.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 1,231

bear

Occupation
Math, Physics, keeping out of trouble and doing od
I glad its being used and not scrap. Do both control wheels have different purposes or are they different sides of the same function? Any way nice find.

30 dirty years

Occupation
Jak of all trades
Nice job 10 spot -_- I have been working on an Adams road patrol grader about about that size.

Finish Blademan

Occupation
Sitework superintendent for Wolff Construction. ww
Thats really awesome.I`ve seen a few of em over the years but all sat in front of large construction company offices as museum pieces so to speak.
Odell Geer Construction which was huge at one time here in central Texas had a fully restored one in front of his main office.
Never have seen one at work behind a horse and much less a truck but that is a real treat to see.Gonna show this pic to some of my operators,they`ll enjoy it.
Thanks and glad to see yall keep a piece of history at work.

Tenspot

I glad its being used and not scrap. Do both control wheels have different purposes or are they different sides of the same function? Any way nice find.
Same function opposite sides.

We had just gotten a 100th's of rain, but it was really dry, we are having our dryest May in 65 years so the stuff is pretty hard.

We are supposed to get a storm tonight, I hope to grade some more tommorrow after things get a soaking.

You would be surprised, there was one time I went the wrong way on the wheels while we were going beside and existing ditch and it stopped that Excursion in 4 low, and it weighs 8000 lbs!