• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

100 Hough Dt-817 injector

caterpillarRy

A friend of my grandfather's has 2 100 houghs 1 with a 250 cummins and the other with a dt-817 that needs an injector so if anyone knows a website that may carry it or a place in the southern new england area that might have it it would be greatly appresiated if you would pass that info on to me.

Gooseidi

Occupation
Union Electrician, Local 351 IBEW / owner of Cut '
Are you totally missing the injector or do you have a core that can be rebuilt?

caterpillarRy

He has the injector but I don't know if its rebuild able I was just told by my grandfather to look around for him and just see what I can do

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
If you need a core I may have one. As I recall some of the DT817 engines had injectors that worked off the cam shaft like the Cummins while the newer ones used a Bosch injector pump and the injector was nothing more than a nozzle. If you can find out what type fuel system this engine has it would help determine if someone has one.

We deal with D&W Diesel who has a location in Worcester, MA

http://dwdiesel.com/locations/

I live very close to their corporate headquarters and have dealt with them since Doug was working out of a one car garage. They have always been good to us.

He has the injector but I don't know if its rebuild able I was just told by my grandfather to look around for him and just see what I can do

caterpillarRy

Sadly I can't tell you anything but what I've already said other than he was looking to get a used injector rather than a new or rebuilt one to keep costs down. He's kinda cheap so that's all she wrote.