• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

10.00-15 Tube tires to 11R-17.5 conversion. Rim sizes and availability.

Jon Bradtke

Good morning All,

I have an older 1972 Rodgers trailer with the 10.00-15 tube tires. Picked the trailer up for cheap ($5k) but it needs a deck (not a big deal to me) and all new tires. I would really like to convert to a tubeless newer style tire. I see a vendor selling 11R-17.5 tires (5,357lb load rating as a dual) and I just want to make sure that the tire is compatible with the 6.75 width?

I understand that my lowboy will go from a 40 ton to 35 ton because of the tire change. The 11R-17.5 is roughly the same diameter as the 10.00-15 so I think it makes sense.

Another weird thing is that the rims being sold have a max load capacity of 4805lb which is lower than the tire. Should I be concerned about this?

Sidebar question, does anyone have 17.5 dayton rims used for sale? I'm having a hard time finding them in salvage yards.

Thanks all!