• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1:50 scale log trucks

HCF

Occupation
Fabricator
Hey. I have some 1:32 scale stuff and was wondering if anyone made log trucks in 1:50 scale. I'm thinking about switching over to 1:50 since there are so many models available. I'm also looking for a good lowboy with jeep and pup. If anyone makes that stuff. Thanks fellas

HCF

Occupation
Fabricator
Yeah. I actually have a couple of the 1-32 scale log trucks. That's the scale I started out collecting. But switched to 1-50 because of the huge amount of detailed models available. I will post a link to my 1-32 scale album when I get back to the home computer. I would like to get a standard long logger and a mule train in 1-50 scale. I think I need to make a few more things before I take on a project like that.

HCF

Occupation
Fabricator
I just wish there were west coast style log trucks available commercially. I found one log truck but it was some crazy European thing. I also called first gear and the minimum order for a custom cast model is 5000 units. WOW. Sure wish I could find a distributer who thought they could pawn off about 4990 of each. I'm really not sure if there would be any hobby shops willing to do that. It would be cool though.

Last edited:

HITACHI350

hey i just got a pete 389 black made by norscot and in 2-3 weeks ill have a kwick change log truck with pup so when i start ill post a new thread of the hole build:bash

HCF

Occupation
Fabricator
Nice. I started a 5th wheel hayrack the other day. I just need to get some trailer axles and some more styrene or whatever that plastic stuff is called. I think it should turn out pretty good. I'm excited to see your quick change build.

forester

hello all,

I can't build models but have been checking to find more items to add to my forestry collection. Found a possible source for log trucks as per this e-mail response I recieved from http://www.mooresfarmtoys.com/
We could have the log trailers laser cut in 1/50th scale for you. Cost would add $5.00 per trailer more than 1/64th ones. And would need 50% down on them and would be 4-6 weeks for them. Will check on doing a chip trailer. No plans for vans as you can get them from other companies in 1/64th and 1/50th. Let us know on log trailers."

Related to this do you know if anyone is doing models for the following trailer configurations?

B-train wood chip
B-train short wood for 16 ft logs
B-train short wood for 8 foot logs (pulpwood)
Pull trailer (aka piggyback) longwood

These are the most common configurations I deal with but have not been able to find models for.
forester

HITACHI350

hey i actuly make all kinds of log trailers i have a web site i have made the west coast style log trailers all the way to gaint trailers in maine and still making more kinds all in 1:50

HITACHI350