• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1,000,000 pound lift on water

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
I robbed this pic off of local 302's website. I couldn't read the whole article that the Seattle Daily of Commerce Journal wrote up because I don't have subscription, but Washington's DOT website has some awesome pics and videos.This is on the Hood Canal bridge on the Washington Peninsula. Kiewit/General is the contractor. Its nice to see them finally getting to work on this project, after all the delays with having to find a new location for a graving dock and all. (There first one in Port Angeles was shut down after finding some artifacts.) I think they ended up building one in the Olympia area, but I'm not 100% sure.

Attachments

• HoodCanalBridge_TrussLift_big.jpg
    HoodCanalBridge_TrussLift_big.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 1,019

dieselsambo

Occupation
bridge work
Kiewit is the best!

Were do you see kiewit? worked with them on and off 4/5 times Good co. to work for!