• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

0ne more Mack

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Worked on a few of them back in the day! Also if the story is correct a local guy bought the last new B model cab the company ever made. He used it to build a ten wheeler dump truck that often hauled loads out of the quarry.

His dad, who ran a small gravel bed near me bought many of the B models the quarry had when they were phasing them out from use. Had a lot of them parked behind his barn a couple mile from here. Not sure what happened to them.

I think his boys have graduated to running SuperLiners for their ten-wheel dumps, see one of them go past the house often.

mowingman

Occupation
Retired
Worked on a few of them back in the day! Also if the story is correct a local guy bought the last new B model cab the company ever made. He used it to build a ten wheeler dump truck that often hauled loads out of the quarry.

His dad, who ran a small gravel bed near me bought many of the B models the quarry had when they were phasing them out from use. Had a lot of them parked behind his barn a couple mile from here. Not sure what happened to them.

I think his boys have graduated to running SuperLiners for their ten-wheel dumps, see one of them go past the house often.
THere are a lot of Mack Superliners still pulling dump trailers around this part of Ohio. In fact, one local trucking company is rebuilding an old Superliner in their shop. They will be putting it on the road shortly. Those must be good solid trucks.