• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

HELP With OLD JCB serial number.

68Chevelle327

I'm trying to locate a parts / service manual for this old JCB Backhoe. The problem I'm having is some of these manuals say for JCB 1550B M3xxxxx - M39xxxx. When I look at the tag I don't see anything that has Mxxxxx.

Any ideas? Thanks

Attachments

• 20220508_131351.jpg
    20220508_131351.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 40
  • 20220508_131355.jpg
    20220508_131355.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 36
  • 20220508_131423.jpg
    20220508_131423.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 39

GEOD998

looks like 308244 would be you machine number. the tag that starts with 15/Tmeans its a 15 and turbo

GEOD998

not sure on the year because your tag is a little different than my 87 1400B my tag is 14BN2037/325454/7... I think the 7 at the end means 87. yeah that LH number should be the engine number. Engine number should be stamped on the left side of engine under the injectors also...its pretty easy to see and may nave more numbers on the stamping-last ones should match tag

GEOD998

from my book that should be a turbo,4wd,built in 9th month of 4, I'm thinking it could be an 84, but either way make sure to get a service manual for the correct machine number-or wait till one comes around,because one for a different range wont do you much good...I found that out the hard way about 30 years ago

Last edited:

GEOD998

from my book that should be a turbo,4wd,built in 9th month of 4. the last /7 on mine means centre mount hoe

GEOD998

I'm pretty sure my service manual has both centremount and side shift in it. when I get back to the house I will check for sure. Not sure if it covers 1550 either. If it does I'll shoot you a link for it. You want a full blown workshop service manual not an operators manual..
They aren't much more than the glove box book you get in cars

68Chevelle327

I'm pretty sure my service manual has both centremount and side shift in it. when I get back to the house I will check for sure. Not sure if it covers 1550 either. If it does I'll shoot you a link for it. You want a full blown workshop service manual not an operators manual..
They aren't much more than the glove box book you get in cars
+

That would be great! Thank you!

I just bought a service manual that says Excavator Loader and covers 290000 to 400000. They said it was for a 1550B and was only $40, so I'll give it a try. I would like to get a parts book, but I can't get an answer from anyone selling these telling me which serial numbers they cover.

GEOD998

check out ebay item #363790901198 its
Manufacturer Part Number:
JCB 9803/3250 I just order one and it is perfect for my 1400B. You might want to ask the seller if it covers your machine. It was the one everyone on the forum was suggesting for the 1400B of my serial#. Hopefully someone else here chimes in. Just to let you know-it is a reprint and the paper and ink used arent the greatest, but it is all legible. I dont know why you havent gotten more input from the group, maybe give it some time. Ive found some good places for parts when you get down to it. JCB dealers will crush you with their prices on most stuff. I just ran into this https://jcb-manual.com/store/products/jcb-3c-loader-backhoe-1400b-1500b-parts-catalog-manual/ but I havent bought it nor now anything about it yet. It does frustrating getting part numbers. I bought a PDF of a parts book years ago, but it only had the break downs-no actual part numbers. But it was either cheap or free so wth? I dont claim to be an expert,but I have managed to keep my machines tip top mechanically since it was a few years old without going broke. If no one more knowledgable helps you out let me know when you start needing parts and I'll try to share where I have bought them and which places treated me the best

GEOD998

hell, I posted a question sunday it got 96 views but not a peep from anyone. Us JCB guys may now be forum ophans -LOL...I'll just tell myself its because nice weather is keeping everyone busy

Tinkerer

I saw a JCB t/l/b on a job in Chicago once. It had a side-shift hoe on it. I thought it was awkward with the post style stabilizers.
It was the year 1985 on the Stevenson Expressway renovation.
Haven't seen one since. :D

GEOD998

03 MARCH 2020

HISTORIC DAY AS 750,000TH BACKHOE ROLLS OFF JCB PRODUCTION LINE....so there :p

68Chevelle327

check out ebay item #363790901198 its
Manufacturer Part Number:
JCB 9803/3250 I just order one and it is perfect for my 1400B. You might want to ask the seller if it covers your machine. It was the one everyone on the forum was suggesting for the 1400B of my serial#. Hopefully someone else here chimes in. Just to let you know-it is a reprint and the paper and ink used arent the greatest, but it is all legible. I dont know why you havent gotten more input from the group, maybe give it some time. Ive found some good places for parts when you get down to it. JCB dealers will crush you with their prices on most stuff. I just ran into this https://jcb-manual.com/store/products/jcb-3c-loader-backhoe-1400b-1500b-parts-catalog-manual/ but I havent bought it nor now anything about it yet. It does frustrating getting part numbers. I bought a PDF of a parts book years ago, but it only had the break downs-no actual part numbers. But it was either cheap or free so wth? I dont claim to be an expert,but I have managed to keep my machines tip top mechanically since it was a few years old without going broke. If no one more knowledgable helps you out let me know when you start needing parts and I'll try to share where I have bought them and which places treated me the best

Well, Thank you for the help! I guess I'm not surprised with the lack of people responding.. I knew before I bought this machine JCB wasn't popular in the states.. Probably why I save over 10k (before shipping) compared to a Deere or Case with the same hours...

GEOD998

I use regular AW 46 for the hydraulic system. I bought the last batch delivered from walmart.com Sinopec was selling for 33/5gal then it jumped to 45/5gal when I flushed it out 6 months ago. Not sure what the price is these days. I've always used T4 rotella 15/40 in the engine with some lucas additive. Transmission can be tricky depending on which automatic you have. MOST importantly DO NOT put brake fluid of any kind in the brake system!!!

The Plumber

Hi Gentlemen,
I am looking at another JCB to perhaps purchase. Information that I have is 93 1550 I think serial # BT2011/362003/7.
I am unsure exactly what that is. 3900 hours. Any ideas or advice?
Thanks, Jim

swampman23

Well, Thank you for the help! I guess I'm not surprised with the lack of people responding.. I knew before I bought this machine JCB wasn't popular in the states.. Probably why I save over 10k (before shipping) compared to a Deere or Case with the same hours...
This is from the manual I bought. $14.95 I also posted this as an answer afew days ago, But still haven't come up with a yr of build!