• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bulldozers caterpillar d7f piston injection pump

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Can't find anything on a 7N1533 arrangement.
Odd that it would be a PC engine
7N1533 is (or was originally) a 3306 engine arrangement for an 81V-prefix 140G motor grader built some time between October 1978 and March 1980. Before & after those dates the engine Arrgt Numbers were different.

For a D7F installation the original 3306 engine Arrangement Number was 2P6806 for engines with S/N up 3N18568 (tractor S/N 94N5192-7184) and 6N0484 in engines with S/N above 3N18569 (tractor S/N 94N7185-Up).

So what the OP has could easily be a Frankenmotor....... who knows how it has been "altered" to install it in the D7F.?

Differences between the 7N1533 and 2P6806/6N0484 include (but not limited to) the crankshaft, piston/rod group, rear gear group, & cylinder head/valve mechanism.

I fear that a can of worms may have just been opened.

Attachments

• 7N-1533.pdf
    148.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

medkab33

I will take a look and keep you informed, is there any impact with all this mixture on the functioning!!!???

Nige

Iis there any impact with all this mixture on the functioning!!!???
Potentially enormous........
Possibly different compression ratio. Was a "D7F compatible" turbo installed.? Were the fuel injectors replaced and the adjustments made to the fuel injecton pump/governor settings to achieve the power and torque required for the D7F from the donor engine.?

The 7N1533 engine when it was installed in the grader was rated at 150 BHP. The D7F installation is 180 BHP.

The list is endless.

Can you supply a machine Serial Number please.? It would help with investigaton.

Nige

so which manual should I order to order parts if necessary??!!!
The D7F Parts Manual UEG0735S will cover all of the tractor and might possibly also cover the engine depending on how the grader engine was converted to fit the D7F.

1714935733447.png

Failing that you may need a 140G grader Parts Manual SEBP1092 that covers the range of 81V-prefix 140G machines that used the 7N1533 Engine Arrangement.

1714936017040.png

medkab33

thank you nige for this professionalism, hoping that it was your inspiration to change this engine!!!!
for information power part it is present when turning on 5 cylinder it is already pushing hard!!!
I will keep you informed of progress!!! in particular the injection pump
thank you again for this clarification

Nige

I will keep you informed of progress!!! in particular the injection pump
Please post any Part Numbers that you find on the fuel injection pump. It could help to identify exactly where the pump originally came from (140G or D7F) that is currently fitted to the engine. If you are lucky maybe there will be a Caterpillar data plate under all that grease that would help tremendously with identification.

medkab33

hello gentlemen
After removing the inspection plate at the front of the injection pump, we find piston number 3 which does not go back down into its housing.
What do you think, I will try to remove the nut on the upper part of the injection pump and remove the delivery valve, do you think I can just remove the valve without removing the piston with its adjustments on the rack?
Then I would tap gently on the piston head while leaving the pusher at the bottom?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240509_163751_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240509_163751_Gallery.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5

medkab33

I have already done the soaking with penetrating oil, will the lower part of the piston move if I remove the discharge valve once the grooved nut has been removed?

Nige

I have already done the soaking with penetrating oil, will the lower part of the piston move if I remove the discharge valve once the grooved nut has been removed?
I would suggest that if you can get hold of something like this automotive trim tool you should be able to carefully move the mechanism provided that you first turn the engine to a position where the camshaft inside the injection pump is in the "down" position for that cylinder.

1715268862133.png