• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Any brand log trucks

Truck Shop

438129263_3315484762094691_3598483703359286158_n.jpg

BC Placer gold

I grew up in that area. Beautiful spot but sadly since the mills pulled out of Vavenby there's not much around there for work that'll support a family anymore.
Drive hwy 24 a fair bit, that is a big descent….down into Little Fort…saw a truck tipped over back in 2005 on one of the run-away lanes. Really nice scenery up on the plateau.

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
Drive hwy 24 a fair bit, that is a big descent….down into Little Fort…saw a truck tipped over back in 2005 on one of the run-away lanes. Really nice scenery up on the plateau.
Its a beautiful area but I had to get out of there. Just very little opportunity for anyone who wants to make something of themselves.

24 is interesting, there's passing areas for passing all the trucks going slow down the hill. Can't say I've seen that on any other road in BC.

BC Placer gold

Its a beautiful area but I had to get out of there. Just very little opportunity for anyone who wants to make something of themselves.

24 is interesting, there's passing areas for passing all the trucks going slow down the hill. Can't say I've seen that on any other road in BC.
You are right, the downhill passing lanes are uncommon….

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
Got plenty of mountain top views from the passenger seat of a logging truck too.

I've said it before but the only way you'd probably ever get me into the driver's seat is if its a logging truck or a lowbed/hiboy The idea of pulling a van or a tanker OTR has next to zero appeal to me.

Hank R

Occupation
Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
Took these in 2916 Salem Oregon. What impressed me was trailer was not bend up and no signs of ever been welded. But do not know how well it worked as there was no compenstor, so my pea brain can not see how one can turn any corners???

18.jpg16.jpg17.jpg

I do not know why I did not get any better pictures, Me Bad.

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
Took these in 2916 Salem Oregon. What impressed me was trailer was not bend up and no signs of ever been welded. But do not know how well it worked as there was no compenstor, so my pea brain can not see how one can turn any corners???

View attachment 312105View attachment 312106View attachment 312107

I do not know why I did not get any better pictures, Me Bad.
How did it even manage to turn? It looks like both bunks are mounted solid to the frames. What am I missing here?

JaredV

Unclamp the reach when you're loaded and let it do the compensating. But yeah, the bunks are fixed. Maybe for a one log load they didn't worry about it?

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger