• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A few projects I have done recently

savman

Stopped by the local Cat house and found one of the new Cat CTL's.

View attachment 311109

Good to see that Cat has added dust shields and another grease fitting to the rear UC oscillating pin. We cut some 4" steel pipe and welded our own shields on our 279's as we couldn't keep grease in the pin.

I really like the extra grease fitting and the new tie down bracket.

View attachment 311110

304 with hydraulic coupler. Our 305E has a manual pin grabber which isn't a total PITA but it can be if you're swapping between bucket and hammer a couple of times a day.

View attachment 311111

Hard to see from the pic but it's in there - somewhere.

View attachment 311112
I have the hydraulic pin grabber on my 305 and wouldn't have a mini without it; I have 4 buckets and a hammer so we are constantly swapping buckets. Also the occasional near max capacity lift it is nice as well. 48" smooth grading bucket is my favorite.

The hydraulic was on back order so my machine came with the manual quick coupler. It wasn't the worst design I've ever used, but it was pretty middling. And it broke after a few weeks of use.

Although my next mini may have a tiltrotator.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Used mine for the first time a few weeks ago and it was great. I know the feeling.

There is so much more capability with the excavator software and a model with detailed line work than what's on a dozer.

It can lock onto the curb, set whatever offset behind back of curb required and cut sub-grade throughout the entire subdivision for example.

The basic 2D stuff on the 325 is pretty handy also. Just being able to bench elevations or cut a flat slope to drain is handy as a shirt pocket.