• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

4 53 detroit fuel filter part

The old excavator has a 4 53 detroit. I'm looking for a fuel filter. I can't find apart number, and lookup on the internet is impossible. Ordering the wrong one is a "pain'. Any help wouild be great.

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
Probably a BF593, but it could still have a sock filter. Is it a spin on or a cartridge style?

Cartridge type, I believe. Didn't want to pull it apart until I had a new one (in the middle of a job). I plan to do an oil change at the same time.

FWD

I had a 4-53 in a Bantam Excavator and changed to Spin-On filters. Was easy to do and after th base installation, filter changes were much easier!
FWD

Thanks for all the response. I was finally able to clean up the filters enough to get the part numbers. The housings were a total mess. Whoever did the last replacement (looks like a long time ago) crammed the secondary in and crushed one side. In any case I picked up new filters and installed them. I may go to spin on filters, but I need the machine now. Thanks again to all.