• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Yanmar hose end type identification.

fast_st

Occupation
IT systems admin
I'm working on my Yanmar VIO70, and have found the hydraulic line ends look strange, They look like an upsized NPTF swivel type fitting. This is a 1 inch hose diameter. The male end has a straight thread and bevel on the inside.

1wWP2ulINO6P1EZ-7ifEhY9MMDbHjOOA4zQxIA7ytYha23y1A-FZSkR9L8VTxjHJUl7cFKYR0GUIr--85_Msv6xM2Lj-2RFa425iqecY992hAp7_gMq-nBPbM9p9noKf4RNQzZjWXt-usYd4ZogxV75zDBnl6JOBkUIhfmjZrJbWLoMYqTk_vWLvPXSJOQfjpgRqloR1aZfDzYg4TVzBfwgt79ELoK0unOFdB2-PjmVBCuR0xEFSyuYGpgwOXI78WNJUT0An6gIarpg42hdVuy7WdSQr9NSsP9PdJZJ0VYUtGveGC7R92RBraWxe6yrv8MJYCfFzli8Q1MuYoMh0V6EZylnZD8iErzYCob-Pvh-oXXHUixlRkCk6kMA3ML-vEvOcSTeSOQqbT56hcq16aajYlIvmqZ42-0gPNv1p9COgg7ApCUonOnMSo8pujKYVgc82kneluXce9NbiG7RPdaQkfstdSrXKWDxd9kN0W2wwFSEMp5KVWzGys_DfJeyO66JucHskcdH_9PuWEcqc4vX5KI70_pF-veaGbLLIN7Gd1ySEg9oWz0UUkYX2NzYEiiW1gpm_tB8P7Pvhmqoohp3ryuOkIofjZXOHwKdbK3xrx0wUxBVGWvxZo3dBS5T7-tSePp8CgEBYclGvbwVmboyK=w1223-h917-no

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
BSPP ( British Standard Pipe Parallel ) I think.

fast_st

Occupation
IT systems admin
That's a possibility, have to find a better cross section.

fast_st

Occupation
IT systems admin
I'll check with my local hose maker, wondering if its common to find the hose ends or just adapt the BSPP to JIC

bam1968

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
It's been awhile but my hose maker was able to get an adapter for me. I don't recall the exact sizes I was dealing with but it was quite a bit smaller than you are dealing with... I do remember it was a pricey little booger though.

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
I'll check with my local hose maker, wondering if its common to find the hose ends or just adapt the BSPP to JIC
If the hose couples onto a nipple then change it as well otherwise its pretty much impossible. BSP has the opposite bevel to JIC.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
If the hose couples onto a nipple then change it as well otherwise its pretty much impossible. BSP has the opposite bevel to JIC.
Agree. I've changed a plenty of nipple adapters that were BSPP on both ends, like the auxiliary pipe connections on excavator arms. They make adapters that are male BSPP to male JIC, pretty easy to come up with those. But if you're looking to adapt male BSPP nipple to female JIC, I dunno.

fast_st

Occupation
IT systems admin
Excellent suggestions, I'll check with my local Napa guys to see if they have any BSPP ends but under the floor, I do see some weeping hoses and will be changing out the original 20 year old ones as they show signs of impending failure.

fast_st

Occupation
IT systems admin
I'm also guessing where the flow rates are pretty high, finding an adapter that's a sweep versus an adapter that's a short elbow would be a lot better, most of the original fittings are sweeps.

fast_st

Occupation
IT systems admin
Well, local hose jockey has some BSPP -8 ends, but they're pricey, I suppose I could start changing lines over to JIC. I've never blown a line twice so I'm thinking just eat my veggies and keep the machine all the same, Have my local store keep a few BSPP ends in stock for me.

heymccall

Having a fleet of Takeuchi and Yanmar equipment, and several other brands with threads/ connections other than the more common JIC, STOR, ORFS, and NPT, I can assure you that Gates, Aeroquip, Parker, and even Caterpillar have BSPP, BSPT, DIN light, and DIN heavy fittings available. Since they lasted 20 years the first time around, why expend the effort for custom?
The only effort I expend to eliminate fitting issues is to get ORFS off of my attachments as these idiots always seem to screw up the oring. In that case, I sub in JIC fittings and hose ends (but not until repeated oring failure).
If you want to pick a common machine with uncommon fittings, try Komatsu. But, even there, the fittings have become almost commonplace.