1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Yanmar b50 service manual

Discussion in 'Compact Excavators' started by Haymaker101, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Haymaker101

Haymaker101 Member

Hey guys, looking to see if anyone knows where I can buy a service manual for the Yanmar B50 that I picked up earlier this week. Just looking to do basic maintenance and get a better feel for the mini. Usually I can Google the model and then buy and print out the PDF but not in this case. Thanks in advance

2. Blondie70

Blondie70 Member

I got mine for a Bobcat off of e bay...you may want to try there.
    Good luck with it.

3. Joel59

Joel59 Member

Yup, got mine off ebay

4. Haymaker101

Haymaker101 Member

Hey thanks for the response. I do have a gray market model 50-2 but hopefully the US service manual is not much different. I was able to get a shop service manual in PDF format, but it does not show me the very basics, such as engine oil changes. It gets very in-depth details on engine specs and measurements, hydraulic components Ect, track settings.

5. Tags

Tags Senior Member

Look for an operators manual, that should give you all the maintainance info.

6. turfblazer

turfblazer Well-Known Member

i have a b-50 gray market open no cab i never found any manuals myself. did everything from common mechanical knowledge
    if anyone has a service manual id be happy to contribute to their cause for a copy or good down load
    im actually looking for a slightly newer machine just to get a cab with heat and a/c as now a have a need to use it for winter firewood log moveing to my firewood processor.
    any idea what mines worth ??? runs great !!! have to check but i think 5000 hrs ???

7. Haymaker101

Haymaker101 Member

52FA8DF6-0179-42ED-8B26-8338CE58FABA.jpeg Hey turf blazer, thanks for the info. I’ll just use basic mechanic skills as I service the B-50. Filter numbers i will just cross reference off the old ones. What do you run for hydraulic oil in yours? Any idea of how many gallons it will take on a oil change? Anything I should pay close attention to when servicing it or running it?
    Just to give you an idea of price, I paid $11,000 for this one last week. 4400 hours, good tracks, no known problems yet. Pins and Bushings have some good play in them though. Here’s a picture of it

Billrog likes this.
  8. Joel59

Joel59 Member

I use the super trac brand hydraulic oil sold at tractor supply. It holds about 20 gallons. Mine looks identical to yours and I paid 10,500 for it with 3 buckets.

9. Haymaker101

Haymaker101 Member

Sounds good, thanks. I’m going to hopefully do a fluid service here in the next couple weeks. Assuming to find a hydraulic filter in the tank next to the fuel tank? Also probably a filter accessible from under the swing housing? Thanks