• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

xm or sirius?

Tn Bulldog

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator/ Truck driver
Its fixin be a merger though so i hear & you can get either xm or sirus pacages or a mix of both so i hear & i got XM For Bill mack , trucking bozo dave nemo , midnight trucking network & kevin rutherford

later yall

bulldog

IowaCat08

XM 202 Opie and Anthony in the mornings Ron and Fez in the afternoons XM's music channels can't compete with Sirius tho Octane and The Beat

637slayer

Occupation
scraper hand
so if you like octane on sirius,have you ever listened to squizz on xm? they play alot of the same music, ive noticed that they play alot of the same artists, but different songs from the same artists. i still like sirius better.

IowaCat08

so if you like octane on sirius,have you ever listened to squizz on xm? they play alot of the same music, ive noticed that they play alot of the same artists, but different songs from the same artists. i still like sirius better.

Yeah I listen to Squizz alot, definitely a good station but they play some bands that are to heavy for me

Pigseye

Sirius

Octane is great

Hairnation for the 80's rockers in here and Lithium for those of use who grew up listening to altrock in the 90's

I tried XM first and switched over to Sirius

insleyboy

Occupation
Operator 25 years, was laborer for 7 years
Opey and Anthany with Jim Norton on the 9 till noon XM spot is Absolute Awesome radio. The sports channels are plentifull and very good as well. XM for me!!!

jimmyjack

it doesnt matter which one now they're one in the same, music channels are the same on both its just some of the talk radio thats different ....example howard stern and btls on sirius and O and A on xm . but you can pay a couple bucks more and get both

basspro

Now that they fully merged, I don't like octane like I used to. They brought in some of the XM programming, & insted of liking 90% I like 70 % of what they play.

I like music while I am working in the shop, & the comedy channels while driving (blue collar mostly, untill a comercial, then change). I find that while turning wrenches talk, even comedy, puts me in a rotten mood, cause I can't focus on each I guess.

Orchard Ex

Super Moderator
Now that they fully merged, I don't like octane like I used to. They brought in some of the XM programming, & insted of liking 90% I like 70 % of what they play.
And they replaced Buzzsaw with Boneyard.:mad: I agree it went from 90% good to 70% good stuff. Now I'll really have to think about the renewal cost when the time comes.

dirt digger

Occupation
pushing dirt, baling hay, and hitting the books
i am pretty disappointed with the quality after XM joined on too...but it sure beats the snot out of listening to commercials

637slayer

Occupation
scraper hand
i was really dissapointed after the merg, but after listening to octane for the last 4 years its kinda hard to go back to regular radio, i talk to die hard squizz fans and they feel the same way, they wish like i do that out of all the channels sqizz and octane should have stayed their own. i am getting used to it more now, if you dont like the way its goin join the octane army online and let them know how you feel, it takes about ten minutes.

Red Bank

i am pretty disappointed with the quality after XM joined on too...but it sure beats the snot out of listening to commercials

And morning talk shows! I have Sirius, but the Boss has XM, it use to kill him that I have Outlaw Country and he didn't, but now he does and he is happy.

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
stern, outlaw country, willies place. it's all good. terresterial radio is unlistenable.