• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

WTB Hydraulic Detachable I have some questions

ETMF 58 White

That one statement should answer your question a 20 year old trail king is around the same as a new kaufmen. The hydraulic necks go on and off fast plus if you high center the trailer you can pick it up.

Well it's been almost a year since I bought a 35 ton Kaufman RGN and so far I've been pleased with it. I removed the ramps (still has the beavertail and wheel covers, of course) and I put aluminum wheels on the outside, but it still weighs about 18000 lbs.

I have not loaded anything over the rear yet except a rubber tired tractor and TLB, but I can see how this would be handy at times. I just don't want to bend up my wheel covers, and has been stated, they look too light to put a 50k trackhoe over them. So I'll just keep detaching in the street and laying down old tires to walk on unless someone assures me that the fenders will hold up to this.

I use the trailer more than I ever dreamed I would; have even been everywhere from Colorado, Kansas,Texas to Florida and Georgia hauling for others, just because I have a trailer that will do it.