• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Work in Alberta

Madman

So, anybody know what companies are hiring operators in Alberta ? Wages, experience needed, etc... etc... etc...etc...etc... ?;)

plowking740

Occupation
Equipment operator
Almost EVERY company is hiring here. Wages depend on experiance, and sometimes all the experiance you need is a heartbeat. I just started a new job with a excavation company where I run their grader and I am making good money AND I get a company truck. the only drawback here in Calgary is the housing. Depending on how you want to live, it can get very expensive, and from what I have been hearing on the radio, Edmonton is getting as bad if not worse.

Here in Calgary, I have found that Grader operators/Hoe operators are in most demand followed by truck drivers and some say Bodcat operators
but there is a company that is Always looking for scraper operators

Grader and hoe wages go from 22.00 up to 35,00. depending on experiance and how desperate the company is. (remember, there is a reason that some of these companies are desperate.)

If you get into the oil patch, the wages go up a little higher. but I not sure how much.
:beatsme

what do you operate? can give you some names here if you want.

Madman

Yeah names would be great, numbers even better ! I'm in a heavy equipment operators course right now until May. Learning how to operate excavator, backhoe, loader, dozer, skidsteer, roller and articulating dump truck. I also worked in the woods for 10 + years with/around lots of different forestry equipment. Also have a 2 year welding course certificate, but not looking for work as a welder but could do some part time welding with a construction company if I got hired. Give me all the info you can, thanks.:beatsme

mtb345

Occupation
heavey equipment operator
i could use a few names of companys i been running iron for 20yrs loader,dozer,excavator,and scrapers