• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

windows 7 64bit verses....cat comm.adaptor3

MrKomatsu

:BangheadI have et and my computer can not find the drivers to set up the comm.adaptor
i can select the drivers dir..and it still can not locate the drivers it simply says windows can not find the drivers.....help me someone...thanks:usa

cutting edge

:BangheadI have et and my computer can not find the drivers to set up the comm.adaptor
i can select the drivers dir..and it still can not locate the drivers it simply says windows can not find the drivers.....help me someone...thanks:usa

Are you 100% positive you're running win 7 64bit ?

hvy 1ton

64 bit doesn't get along well with a lot of older peripherals. Might be worthwhile to make a partition with XP Pro or something 32bit.

Komatsu 150

I ran into the same problem recently but to do with HP printer drivers. HP said they had no intention of making Windows 7 64 bit drivers for my all in one as the printer model was obsolete and I should just buy a new one. I was able to make it work well enough using generic drivers that come with 7 after doing some reading on Microsoft tech pages. My printer is 6 years old and not real heavy duty but aimed at the small office market. HP was very unhelpful other than offering me a discount on a new machine. I guess not.

Lee-online

I use sis and ET all the time but we get it all set up for us by our IT guys.

I do know we have had issues with windoz 7, It works but has some glitches.
We had to flash the older comm adapters to use with ET 2011A. The com adapter must use Comm port 1.

Not sure what you have but if you subscribed through a dealer then they should set it up and get it running for you.

I can ask around on Tuesday and see if they have ran into this.