• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

winch swap?

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
I swapped a 350D to a 455D. It was a direct bolt up. My gut tells me it will work. Measure the bolt spacing on the winch and your machine. You will probably have to remove your drawbar. Some winches came with a modified drawbar assembly.

TJVA

I swapped a 350D to a 455D. It was a direct bolt up. My gut tells me it will work. Measure the bolt spacing on the winch and your machine. You will probably have to remove your drawbar. Some winches came with a modified drawbar assembly.
Thanks for your time and input. Yeah the bolt spacing matches, but the draw bar would have to go. Really just don't know what is behind the rear cover plate(plumbing,couplings etc.) I just bought the dozer and happen to have chance to get the winch possibly. Did'nt want to even bother without a little input from those who know. Thanks y'all.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
Thanks for your time and input. Yeah the bolt spacing matches, but the draw bar would have to go. Really just don't know what is behind the rear cover plate(plumbing,couplings etc.) I just bought the dozer and happen to have chance to get the winch possibly. Did'nt want to even bother without a little input from those who know. Thanks y'all.

Its been a number of years ago but if I remember correctly it had a stub shaft with a gear that went on my machines PTO and then the winch gear attached to that gear via a triple chain link connector. It was a easy swap for sure in my case.