• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Wide-tire conversion on a 65B Fiat-Allis grader?

CEwriter

Occupation
journalist
All the stories at ConstructionEquipment.com have a Talk-Back feature that allows a reader to post a comment or question about the story. I noticed recently that this question has gone un-answered. Can anybody give this Aussie some good advice?

Submitted by: ian hall (hall_all1@bigpond.com)
4/4/2008 7:41:37 AM PT

I have a 65b fiat allis grader and am chasing any info about putting wide rims and tyres on this machine. Its currently has narrow tyres and rims.I have found that for some reason all these machines in australia have the narrrow rims and tyres and the USA have the wide setup. Ian Hall

Thanks a lot,

Larry

PS: The story that the guy was reading was one of our machine-history stories by Keith Haddock of the Historical Construction Equipment Association -- about the Allis Chalmers compact grader: http://www.constructionequipment.com/article/CA6500608.html

Last edited:

Motor Grader

Occupation
Technology Solutions Expert
Well I hate to help out someone running a competitor's machine, but we're all in this world together aren't we? A company called Noram is building what used to be the old Fiat 65. They have a couple of dealers in Australia but I don't know who they are. Now if you want to trade out of that old 65 and into a new Champion compact grader that already has the wide tires on it, then you should contact your local Bobcat dealer. They are the exclusive distributor for Australia and have 6 units in inventory. Check our website for contact information. www.championmotorgraders.us

BROWDERVENEER

Occupation
Office Manager
does anyone know where i can buy parts to an allis chalmers motor grader dd 37 that is from the 1960's????????

rsherril

Occupation
Geologist, Retired from teaching sciences
What's the advantage?

I would think that a narrow tire might be less expensive to replace. I also understand that the Fiat 65 is prone to snapping drive chains and a wide tire might be a negative in this case.

hally544

thanks guy's, The dealers over here in WA are hopless, there is only one dealer. Basically not interested. Thinking of selling machine and looking for a John deers 670b, any of you chaps have one of these?

1970Cat16

longs wheels in jaxsonville florida makes new wheels and has the specs and can do attitude, if they dont make them they can not sell them, i like your machine, the one i saw had floats on it and was a great mud machine and in sugar sand, they have been doing wide rim converiosn for years and can furnish new wide tires on the cheap as well they are the largest wheel maker left in the usa