• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

why is some bobcat and jcb equipment painted green?

mattderry

does anybody know why some equipment is painted green. I am looking for a mini excavator and I found a JCB that I like, but it is painted green. Does this mean it was a rental machine or a gray market machine?

AndrewC

There was some that sunbelt were to buy and were painted in their colours and then they cancelled the sale at the last minute. We got a few in Canada for cheap. Most likely though they were sunbelt rentals machine.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Yep, Sunbelt rental green, comes from the factory with that color, damn near impossible to hide it when doing re-paint.

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
Yep, Sunbelt rental green, comes from the factory with that color, damn near impossible to hide it when doing re-paint.

Why Repaint Willie ????? ….. then you could pretend to be a piece of JD Ag equipment !!! ….. LMFAO !!!

Farlsincharge

Sorry to necro post but.....
I just got an 04 s175 with 1600 hours on it. Only once I got it home could I tell it has been resprayed and it is indeed green underneath. I am in Canada. Is there any way to check the serial number to find out who took delivery of this machine or anything else I can check? TIA