• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

why did this hose blow?

Jim D

Occupation
equipment operator
I have been involved in this situation many times. An under " sized" hose will almost invariably fail at the crimp; just as the steel cracks again beside the weld. My intention is not to be rude. You have the WRONG hose. Get the OE hose or have them make a six wire hose. Your issue will be fixed.

partsandservice is correct; the application requires a high quality six wire hose.

(I learned that lesson the same way you are learning it; blown-out hoses...)

DB2

partsandservice is correct; the application requires a high quality six wire hose.

(I learned that lesson the same way you are learning it; blown-out hoses...)
Same here. Even told the hose shop it was a 4 wire when it was in fact 6

hvy 1ton

I had the opposite happen last month. Shop asked what the pressure was i thought i said 3000 psi. When i came back after picking up lunch, they had make me up $120 worth of 5000 psi hoses. All i could do was whistle and ask how that happened.

lantraxco

I had the opposite happen last month. Shop asked what the pressure was i thought i said 3000 psi. When i came back after picking up lunch, they had make me up $120 worth of 5000 psi hoses. All i could do was whistle and ask how that happened.
Depending on the size and what options they had, that may have been the only choice. 100R2 for instance (2 wire) is good for 3,500 in half inch (-8) but anything bigger than that is below 3,000. Kinda depends on what they stock, including the end fittings if they're non-typical.