• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Whoa! Never thought I'd see a tractor go for that much!

Monte1255

Occupation
Farming/forestry/TSI
A John Deere 4255 was recently sold at an auction for a ridiculous $72,000! Apparently it was the last model ever produced, but oh man I couldn't see myself shelling out that much cash for one. It is really nice tractor though. here is a link to the article where i found this http://blog.machinefinder.com/3861/john-deere-4255-tractor-sold-for-72000

72,000? eh? last week I was at an auction where a 7240 IH with 3800 and some odd hrs went for $84,000.00 that too went down to central US somewhere I think in Nebraska ifmemory serves me right. I think the new price of a 7240 was somewhere in the 90,000 range but I am not going to be saying that for sure... maybe someone can help me out with that statement and set me straight.

icestationzebra

Not say'n that the price isn't high, but that would be one of my top picks for a big tractor (besides a nice Stieger 7250). They have most of the problems fixed from the 7100 series, but they aren't all computerized so you can still fix it yourself. The only problem I really had with them in day-to-day operation is that they can be hard to start when it gets cold, due to the changes they had to make to get them tier II emissions compliant. Make sure the either can is full! ;)

ISZ