• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Who will go to Conexpo 2008?

Who's going to ConExpo?

• Total voters

Dano50

We have seriously thought about exhibiting at that show before. 2008 might finally be the year I can talk them into it. :drinkup

2004F550

Charter Member
Occupation
Operator/Student
id say about 60/40 for it right now, I would have a better answer at the end of the summer probably

Dano50

thanks guys,so Dano50 what is fluid film???

Why, thanks for asking! Fluid Film is only the highest quality, non solvent rust/corrosion preventive and lubricant on the market today. It has a unique lanolin base that imbeds into the pores of metal, creating a barrier of protection that stops the corrosive effects of salts, fertilizers, pesticides and moisture.

Fluid Film will not evaporate, get gummy or sticky or harm paint, plastic or rubber (Some swelling could occur with 100% natural rubber). It will last at least a year protecting your battery terminals or as a vehicle undercoating. It is an excellent chain lube (dirt will not build on top of itself), it is so slick that it makes a great release agent in dump boxes or to keep grass from clumping under mower decks, and it will never freeze, making it a valuable tool in the winter to keep ice from building in locks or snow from clogging up snow blower chutes.

It also works wonders conditioning leather work boots, on firearms, fishing gear, bringing back the luster to an old oxidized paint job...the list goes on and on.

If you've never tried a can and live within the Continental United States, just pm me and I'll ship you out a sample size for free. We even pay for shipping. That is just how confident we are in our product. Made right here in the USA :usa

CascadeScaper

Occupation
2nd year Operating Engineer Apprentice
I need to make it to ConExpo in '08. My dad and I have been looking for an excuse to head to Vegas and I think this is going to be the perfect time to go.

surfer-joe

I'll likely be there, see if anyone I know is still kicking. Used to know all the guys at the CAT booth, last time I recognized two. Same thing over to Castrol, Moxy, Maintainer, and Construction Equipment Magazine.

Occupation
Student
Why, thanks for asking! Fluid Film is only the highest quality, non solvent rust/corrosion preventive and lubricant on the market today. It has a unique lanolin base that imbeds into the pores of metal, creating a barrier of protection that stops the corrosive effects of salts, fertilizers, pesticides and moisture.

Fluid Film will not evaporate, get gummy or sticky or harm paint, plastic or rubber (Some swelling could occur with 100% natural rubber). It will last at least a year protecting your battery terminals or as a vehicle undercoating. It is an excellent chain lube (dirt will not build on top of itself), it is so slick that it makes a great release agent in dump boxes or to keep grass from clumping under mower decks, and it will never freeze, making it a valuable tool in the winter to keep ice from building in locks or snow from clogging up snow blower chutes.

It also works wonders conditioning leather work boots, on firearms, fishing gear, bringing back the luster to an old oxidized paint job...the list goes on and on.

If you've never tried a can and live within the Continental United States, just pm me and I'll ship you out a sample size for free. We even pay for shipping. That is just how confident we are in our product. Made right here in the USA :usa

ok thanks for the information.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Vegas + Tax deductible Trade Show = I will definetely be there.:D

Tigerotor77W

Occupation
Engineer
Cascade -- I might be able to make it, too... we'll see, eh?

But if I go depends on how willing my senior design project group would be to let a member of the team take off to Vegas... the last three days before spring break. :( Stupid academic timing. Every single year for every single exposition, I'm one week away from being able to do it! :Banghead

MKTEF

Occupation
Production manager
Time will show.
Las Vegas and tradeshow is "no-no" words for those high ranked offisers that will sa yes/no to a travel. USA is very expensive to travel to, and you all know public money must be well used.:ban
We where joking about a tripp to another city, and renting a car to go there without telling someone in advance...;)
Time will tell when the day is comming.

fensoncont.

My dad and I are considering the show. Can somone give me some thoughts on the show who have been there before? My major interest is earthmoving, utilities, with interest in concrete, asphalt, bridges, aggregate. My dad's main interest is aggregate (quarries), but he likes them all like me. What are some of the exhbits and such?

surfer-joe

Nolan, check out the official site. It's your single best source of information on the show. I have only missed one in the last 25 years and I hope to make it to the next one and MineExpo as well.

http://www.conexpoconagg.com/

Check out any of the many websites concerning Las Vegas for more information on the town, much to see and experience.

Motels close to the convention center fill up quickly and most are expensive. If you have transportation, get one further away as they are cheaper and there is plenty of room in Vegas, don't let anyone snow you that there may not be. Most motels will have transportation available to take people back and forth and there are dozens of taxi's.

If you have a good relationship with your equipment dealers, check with them to see if they can get you in to one of the manufacturers parties, always good food and interesting people there. Many dealers have hospitality suites too, find out about them and get yourself an invite.

If you haven't seen it before, check out Hoover Dam. Bus tours are available from all the major motels and I think, from the convention center too. Bus may be the best way to see the thing as you can concentrate on seeing the sights without worry over driving and parking. Plane rides over the Grand Canyon are also available, probably next on my list of the best things to do from Vegas. Both of these beat gambling hands down!

Walking down the strip at night is neat, lots of colorful lights and attractions. Keep your wallet secured as certain folks would like to relieve you of it. Cops keep a close eye on the strip, the rest of Vegas not so good.