• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Who is working

JS580SL

Occupation
operator
Very thankful, pushed alot of snow all winter, started my current job in February. 40hours plus every week, alot of gas work goin on around here. Things are pretty slow for but between utility and infrastructure, that end of the business are picking up.

Been seeing alot of road crews, water, sewer, and other gas crews out lately.

mtb345

Occupation
heavey equipment operator
been laid off since oct. ive been tilling gardens cutting grass doing oddjobs

BritOperator

Occupation
Operator
Working in a quarry running a shovel at the moment, real busy up till about a month ago but it's getting quiet now, somethings gotta give soon I think too many spare people, you all know what these big companies are like, your not a name your a number. Hope it won't be me I'm the most recent starter but like to think I've proved myself. Got a 4 month old to feed and look after now.
Construction work is suffering though lots of lay offs and not many jobs going on at all. Hopefully get back onto a construction job when things pick up.
Thats the word from good old England.

flashpuppy

Well, I'm a mech, not an operator. However, I will never slow down. The company I work for contracts all the service for a local utility company. They have three coal power plants and we get all the big iron work. I'm still lovin my 63.5 hour weeks.

Colorado Digger

things are still super slow here. we are working 4 days a week. starting to worry about the winter. it is crazy , there are excavaters parked everywhere. we are running less than half of the iron. it seems like it pickes up just a little bit in the last couple of months

Attachments

• winter 08-09 014.jpg
    winter 08-09 014.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 106