• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Where to buy cutting edge?

wilddanz71

I have a Jcb skidsteer with a 66" bucket, I think it is not an OEM bucket The tag is missing. I need a new bolt on cutting edge the holes start 3" in from the ends and are about 12" on center.
Any one know of a good online source to find this edge that will bolt right on with no drilling?

thanks
dan

Diggedirt

Occupation
Owner operator
One option

Not an online source but I hope this helps.
Sometimes a more common cutting edge is less money than the exact one for your bucket. I have found that a backhoe edge that is wider than my skid bucket is easier to acquire and costs less than the original replacement edge. The factor that you have to confirm is the 12" hole spacing. If it works out you could get a longer edge for a better price and cut it to fit your bucket. I even use the scrap to make side cutters for the corners of the bucket. Your local equipment dealers may be able to help you out.

wilddanz71

thats not a bad idea, I mite look into that as an option.

any one got any other sugestions?

QuickTrax

You need to call an aftermarket parts dealer with the exact length, bolt spacing, and bolt hole size. The size will be either 5/8 or 3/4 bolt hole. We sell a lot of cutting edges for different skid steers and the measurements usually end up matching a bobcat edge. The aftermarket edge is usually about $150 cheaper than the bobcat edges.
Good Luck,
Quick Trax

maxamillion67

Occupation
I am scruber attendant at a coal fired power plant
You should be able to take it off and take it to a local machine shop the may have one that will work or can get one that will.