• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Where do you get your tires?

joeeye59

Occupation
A Man with a Backhoe
I've been looking all over the internet for who sells tires for my backhoe...

I can't find anyplace at all, like a mirror image of TOWN FAIR TIRE for cars that would be for industrial equipment...

I need at least one front tire, maybe two... 11L-16 F-3 (10 ply)

Anybody know of a commercial franchise?

PSDF350

Petes tire barn should be one close to you. Either way they deliver too. Will also put on. They have tires for everything. http://www.petestire.com/They have these four locations in conn. Danbury
Franklin
South Windsor
Waterbury

sbrem

I will second the recommendation for Petes Tire Barn. If their other locations are anything like the one in Brattleboro VT, they are great to deal with. I have had very good luck there.

PSDF350

I will second the recommendation for Petes Tire Barn. If their other locations are anything like the one in Brattleboro VT, they are great to deal with. I have had very good luck there.

They are (thats why I recomended them). I use the one in orange ma. Where's the one in bratt? I am in bratt every tuesday and thursday.

Willis Bushogin

Occupation
owner
tires

I've been looking all over the internet for who sells tires for my backhoe...

I can't find anyplace at all, like a mirror image of TOWN FAIR TIRE for cars that would be for industrial equipment...

I need at least one front tire, maybe two... 11L-16 F-3 (10 ply)

Anybody know of a commercial franchise?
sounds like you have a good recommendation in your area. Always try to deal with dealers in your area. It cost to much to buy off the internet, or outside your area. Then if something goes wrong, you have someone that will standby it. Just my 2 cents worth, that I learned from the college of hardknocks:Banghead

joeeye59

Occupation
A Man with a Backhoe
Your so right Willis about staying away from the internet for buying stuff, because when you need to return it most of the time I'd get stuck with costly shipping not making it worth the little bit of savings.... and some places you can never get on the phone after the sale... I learned now what I do before I buy anything on line is I'll call the tech support or the return desk to see how good their service is, you'd be surprised how many on line web sites have dead phone numbers to call for a problem.

Town Fair Tire said I have to call to get the price... but I rather not at the moment buy from them because I'd like to find someone around my area and establish a relationship that deals with heavy machinery, this way if I ever had a problem with the back tires..... because I know Town Fair can't deal with it.

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
I use Inter City Tire. I've negotiated deals there that match or beat anything I could find on the web, plus they do the mounting. I couldn't get the links on their page to work, I know they have numerous locations, there may be one near you.

stretch

Occupation
gopher
Did you try Don Stevens Tire here in Southington? They have tires for just about anything and they replaced a flat on our buddy's backhoe. Service is great, prices are fair.

60 Curtiss St
Southington, CT 06489
Phone: (860) 621-3256

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
I use Inter City Tire. I've negotiated deals there that match or beat anything I could find on the web, plus they do the mounting. I couldn't get the links on their page to work, I know they have numerous locations, there may be one near you.

Sorry Steve,but I would never recommend Intercity for a wheelbarrow tire.About 2 years ago they ordered 8 trailer tires for me,told me they're in,when I went down there they were the wrong ply,tried talking me into taking them anyway and never apologized for their screwup.All I saw that day was a bunch of chiefs not wanting to accept responsibility.So you know,Ed Perry is back in our area,with his new tire store on top of Brick yard hill on Rt. 44 in Poughkeepsie--no one is more knowledgeable on tires than Ed.