• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Whats your personal rig??

JPV

Speaking of Cummins this is my 84 GMC one ton that I swapped a 94 12 valve into, NV4500 5 speed, gear vendor overdrive, Jacobs exhaust brake. The General built it, I fixed it!

Attachments

• 14405.jpeg
    14405.jpeg
    965.1 KB · Views: 33

GregsHD

Occupation
Self Employed HD Mechanic
Speaking of Cummins this is my 84 GMC one ton that I swapped a 94 12 valve into, NV4500 5 speed, gear vendor overdrive, Jacobs exhaust brake. The General built it, I fixed it!

Did you beef up the front of the frame? I've had a few of these trucks from stock to 10" lift and 38" rubber, cracked/broke the frames behind the steering box on them all, last one had the 10" lift, 85 K30, I put crossover steering, and plated the front of frame, was a totally different animal! I beat the snot out of it for years and never had an issue with the frame again.

Wanted to swap a 12v set up just like you did, but plans changed and sold the truck along with my hoard of parts...

JPV

http://chevymotormounts.us/rob_bonn...bt_cummins_conversion_frame_boxing_sets_6.htm
I bought the cross member from this guy to use the 2nd Gen motor mounts and it worked great, it wasn't cracked but I did beef up the frame around the steering box also. I didn't box the frame like he does, this truck isn't for wheeling but it does get used hard. I love these square bodies, plan on keeping it forever. This is the fourth one I have owned and the first one worth doing this to.