• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Whats Your current job description?

euclid

Occupation
Engineering
Deputy Director of Fiscal Policy......(note that I said "Deputy")
Director of Operations - I drove the excavator today....my man is in Fiji on holidays:(
Director of Equipment Recovery - I get the excavator bogged today....good thing my man is away so he didn't see the boss do what he's been told not to do:mad:
Communications Director - my new "contractor" phone spat the dummy and refused to work so I called the phone mob and abused them when I got home.
Director of Logistic Support - I had to drive the truck
Director of Maintenance Operations - I had to grease the excavator
Marketing Director - I was going to call the newspaper to put my ad in again but my phone crapped out and I missed the deadline:pointhead
Director of Geo-Physical Anomolies - I'm working on the side of a hill. Some numb nuts raised a road up on a clay base which stopped the natural drainage occuring down/out the hill. When I dug into the upside of the road it was a bit like the little boy pulling his finger out of the....errr.....hole in ..no wait (no dutch terminology for seawalls)......it was more like popping the cork from a champagne bottle....hence the bogged excavator!
Director - In order to get rid of the water in hillside I dug a ditch across the road and down the hill....so I had to direct some local traffic:rolleyes:
Director - the owners wife came on site and wanted to know where the toilet was...so I had to "direct her" to the loo....(thats not true I just made that up)

Good too see you are politically correct!
Actually I'm 180 out from most you all, I was an equipment operator in my teen years, drove explosives in the Navy and ran various equipment during that period. But I'm in aviation safety and I've worked in several different areas and it pays the bill. I'd actually like to transfer into big truck or equipment safety, but that means moving to some old city and I'd rather not do that because I live in the country.

hoeman600

Occupation
yellow thingy moverer
employee # 11090:usa I run a digger uppy theingamajiggy. so I guess im a digger upper guy:beatsme

Tryin'

Occupation
Trackhoe operator/ Truck driver for a foundation c
Basement excavation. Cat 320D

Burnout

Occupation
Operator at Sureway Construction
Well I'm not gonna lie guys.... I have a pretty complex job. I am a canine fornication engineer.......

Actually I run a backfill crew. Doin a nice little commercial job right now.

DR RPM

Occupation
Dirt Flinger
Moved over into the safety department, just trying to keep guys and equipment in one piece and putting a sensible and logical approach to safety legislation.:bash

ME83

I'm a design engineer, I just like to play in the dirt in my free time :D......and when the wife tells me it would be nice to have this or that done around the barn :notworthy.

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
gave the last 20 odd years at all aspects of civils now I'm a civil servant,as things here have gone to pot just heard on the news that a good medium sized civils company went whallop to day Howley Civil Eng 250 full time staff lost their jobs no mention on the agency numbers though :crying:crying:crying:soapbox:(:(

jmac

self employed, I drive or use a:

check book
shovel
pick
rake
dump truck
excavator
roller
dozer
skid steer
greese gun
wrench
broom
pressure washer
laser
level

I could go on and on and on but who wants me to do that.

EZ TRBO

Occupation
Aggregate Utility, Maintence Welder
My main job is excavation at our quarries, namely stripping for further expansion but I also, move equipment, aide the crushing plants and sand plant, turn wrenchs on equipment, fabricate and weld, parts runs, drive dump trucks, load trucks on larger rock jobs, and pretty much anything else that the bosses I have ask me to do. If I'm not doing somthing that HAS to be done right away there is a good chance I might bounce around to help the others as needed. I'm kinda the go to guy to fill in alot as I can and WILL(unlike some) do anything wether I like it or not(such as today being stuck running dump truck all day).

Trbo

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
employment#81466

Jack of several trades operator.:usa If I got a key for it, I'll try anything once!:cool2.... Just can't promise I'll be great at it:rolleyes:

LowBoy

Occupation
Owner, Iron Mountain Iron & Equipment (Transport)
Today it was 1) excavator operator in charge of erosion control for first 7 hrs.
2) water truck technician in charge of dust control for 1 hr.
3) 980 Cat loader operator loading triaxles in quarry for 3 hrs.
4) skilled and confused about what to do next in between 2 hrs.

Burnout has the job description I assume the crew I work with goes by, but I'm too new with the company to take the responsibility of assigning a title.

49cat112

Occupation
Contract maint for VX-31 China Lake Ca.
I sit in a big metal cage for 10 hours a night....I'm the night shift tool crib guy :p I have test sets, hand tools, slings, torque wrenches and anything else the Navy needs to fix and maintain 30 aircraft (AV8-B, F/A-18 A to F, H-60, T-39, HH1-N, AH-1W, AH-1Z, UH-1Y and UAV's)

On the weekends I play with my Grader :D

Unemployed first year apprentice. I was working as an oiler on a drill rig last week.

Before that ultility equipment operator in a limestone quarry.

Deas Plant

Position description.

Hi, Folks.
I guess you could say that these days I'm mostly into manufacturing flat ground - levelling house sites ready for building. Lately though, I've been engaged on earthworks for extensions to a local waste water treatment plant, mostly spreading fill hauled in by 5 tandem-drive rigid tippers being loaded by a 33-ton excavator and a 21-ton excavator - between 2,000 and 3,000 cubic metres per day with a Cat 943 track loader with a 4 metre wide spreader bar clamped in the 4-in-1 bucket. This job is a pleasant change from the normal flat ground manufacture.

I also get to do some repair, maintenance and welding work in the workshop in wet weather. Funny thing - very few of the other employees get called on to do any of this work.

YankeeFlasher

Here is a real title - but the work is WOW

I have just been appointed as Project Director, but what is in a title anyway - I am a scinetist...but I like to dig in the backyard with

Guess what - I am suppose to get 15 "qualified and experienced" operators for FIVE Liebherr R9350 YES 5 of these monsters will soon be in Dubai UAE

Along with a complementary supply of trucks, sorry KOM 785, 15 going up to 30 dumpers.

DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYONE WHO WANT A WINTER VACATION IN DUBAI?? 3-6 MONTHS OF TRAINING "excavator" operators to drive things monster, sorry again excavaters and dumpers?????

If so email ctwiliams@yahoo.com / ctwiliams@yahoo.com..

joispoi

I´m on a little gig scooping 5,000+ cu. meters of gravel out of a quarry and loading it onto trucks.