• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What's up with Randy?

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Do you mean Randy Krieg ? I hope he is ok. he hasn't posted anything since 05-17-2014, 09:10 AM.

If you visit his profile, it shows his last activity here as 10-25-2014 09:03 AM. That's still a couple of months, but not quite as long ago as May, obviously.

Randy Krieg

Occupation
Test Pilot/Operator @ Caterpillar's Tucson Proving
Akpolaris; I’m not planning to return to the ice road work this year. I’m presently working at Caterpillar’s Tucson Proving Ground and I like this weather far better than the North Slope’s weather. Unfortunately I can’t talk much about what I do here, can only say it’s very challenging and exciting.

Moonlite; In regards to the 67 Camaro SS; it’s powered by a 468 BB Chevy with a Brodix top end, runs 13.7:1 SRP pistons hooked up to Carrillo Rods, .700 lift roller cam topped off with a single 1050 Holley Dominator. Last weekend out ran a 10.12 @133.56mph. Lots of rejetting and adjusting since moving the car from Alaska to Arizona. Finally getting it dialed in to this track and altitude. My wife and I have a lot of fun with it. :)

468 New Coolant Plumbing I.jpg

akpolaris

Randy the weather up here probably can't compare to Tucson. It isn't cold enough to freeze up the Shav River yet but the thermistors (sp) say it is cold enough to spread water on the tundra to pioneer the roads

JDOFMEMI

Looks like you are getting adjusted to the desert life.

I hope to get to the proving grounds one day, it sounds like a great experience.

Nice rides.

Glad to see you are still checking in from time to time.

Frameroux

Occupation
Training Officer
Last edited: