• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

whats the smallest machine yall own

mitch504

Not a pic of my smallest earth mover, but similar...

View attachment 219059
I carry two different ones of those on my service truck, they are handy as a shirt pocket.

As far as machines larger than a lawnmower, I have a Ford 3400 industrial tractor, and a Ford 4500 Backhoe. They only occasionally get involved in any money-making endeavor. The smallest thing that works for a living is a D21 Kommatsu, The smallest thing that works everyday is a Case 580superK. I am looking at a 299D Cat, but....

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Weed Wacker, Leaf Blower smallest, handiest is my Stihl Arborist chainsaw. Self propelled is a 5hp Lawn Boy the wife toys with, claims she mows the lawn with.

AzIron

how is that one
Handy as a shirt pocket and punches outside it weight class your not doing mass ex or grading but when you need to get in places it's a winner also I have used the backhoe to swing it over a fence

catwelder

Occupation
welder
I do the REAL Mowing with a 2305 Deere 5' deck and a Stihl 4mix weedwhacker 2-3 hours every week!! She MAYBE mows a tenth of the yard by the front door. Trim work!
see I just bought a zero turn because I wont to sure about those drive over decks but having a small lawn mower like that with a loader would of been great

catwelder

Occupation
welder
Handy as a shirt pocket and punches outside it weight class your not doing mass ex or grading but when you need to get in places it's a winner also I have used the backhoe to swing it over a fence
ive looked into one for some small jobs in tight fenced in yards since the 40 cant go in

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
The smallest piece of iron I own that produces is probably the one that has made the most return on investment - a trench roller.

Bought a Wacker years ago at auction for $2800 and it's compacted more CY's than I can count without one parking lot or building pad failure.

AzIron

ive looked into one for some small jobs in tight fenced in yards since the 40 cant go in
We made fun of minis for years but kept getting request for them so we penciled out needed 4 days a month for the year to justify it we did double that the first year we owned it and been chugging ever since

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Little Hydrostat mowers/tractors are somewhat handy/unhandy. Loader is fine for loose light fluffy stuff, heavy dirt or rock and have to counterweight the rear beyond tires position, already added rear wheel weights and fluid filled rear tires, not enough. Don't have a drive over on this one, is 12 years old, slides out from under sideways so a PITA to get at blades/belt/drive heads or to lube. Tires are also problematic for lawn, too aggressive for damp grass/slopes but less than aggressive for working soil like running a tiller, lots of slippage. Have their plusses but similar negatives.

catwelder

Occupation
welder
We made fun of minis for years but kept getting request for them so we penciled out needed 4 days a month for the year to justify it we did double that the first year we owned it and been chugging ever since
I haven't done the math yet I just know that the 40 anit getting in some of these jobs and even then people are worried about the ground disturbance so one of those seems like it be the way to go