• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Whats good to operate?

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
crap, i am evidently an idiot, and can't edit the post or put it where it belongs.

sorry!

-matt

Dont loose too much sleep over it, it is because you have not got enough posts. Drop one of the admin staff a message and ask them to move it to equipment for sale or where they think it will fit best.

My Fiat 41b Is Very Friendly To Operate I Have Not Used It Recently But Im Going To Bid A Job This Thursday That Has 100,000 Yds Building A Waste Water Treatment Plant I Would Like To Know From Others What Seems To Be The Going Price For Moving Clay Earth Now A Days This Project Has 2 Lagoons Tied Together Covering 12 Acres In Impoundments 17' High Berms 10' Top 3 To 1 Slopes 95% Compaction With A 2 Ft Clay Liner At 95% One Cell Is Long But Only 160' Across Side To Side That Would Be An 80' Push To The Inside Toe Of The Slope Of The Berm The Other Cell Is 630' Long By 350' Across Just Seems Like I Could Use Dozers On This One With A 825 Compactor And Disc Tractor My Other Tractors Have Trimble Gps D6rlgp And D8kp Does Any One Have Any Thoughts Thanks

Same suggestion fiat41b, I think you probably need to be in the office for the best chance of a response.

Both Welcome aboard BTW.

637slayer

Occupation
scraper hand
11r is my new fav dozer, big, cumbersome and slow but it can move alot of dirt, plus all the fancy electronic **** gives me plenty of time to catch my artist alerts on my satelite radio. and yes rop a few more years of running these new machines and ill be a champion thumb wrestler. its got to be the easiest dozer in the world to run, operating it to its full potential takes time, two years and i think im getting closer, if you have ever run a smaller dozer much running a bigger one is simple.

Last edited:

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
Easy one. D8H 300 Horse, D7E High Horse. Have both. Use them for both dozing and pulling Cat pans. Great machines, very dependable and a joy to run.

hardtail

hello there. i am new to the heavy equipment world, but have always liked large machines. sadly the only thing i have any seat time in is an old jd 455 crawler/loader. :( we'll have to work on that in the future.

anyway, fellow one another forum i frequent has an old international dozer for sale that is currently not running. says he had it running about 1-1.5 years ago, but has not been cranked since then. attached is a picture.

can anyone give me any more information? according to the fellow, it is a TD25 and weighs around 45K. any idea how much it may be worth, scrap or otherwise. i really have no use for a machine that big, but could have some fun, clean up a little bit of acreage, and then resell it.

-matt

attachment.php

As much as I love the IH's, that looks like a TD25B powershift, the U/C looks used up judging by how far out front the idler is and still slop in the tracks and the 817 was a great engine but can break the bank if theres problems........I'd run away fast........

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
to much electronic garbage on t series Cats. I have seen R's and T's both loose their minds and need to be completly reprogramed. GPS is nice but my operators all have to show me they can do it without it first cause sooner or later it will quit.