• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What the best snow plow

ohioduramax

It aint bad at all. I believe the plow weighs 820 pounds. I have the torsion bars cranked about 5 turns and 1000 pounds if salt in the bed. It squats about 1/2 of an inch. Its heavy duty enough for me, its a good truck

JD4020

Have a western now and love the weight of it. I was thinking of a sno way but looked cheap to me. but can't stop thinking how downpressure would be nice . any other plows have downpressure?
Have a friend that just got the western with the flipper and has had in the shop more than he plowed
Can u mount scoups on a straight blade plow?

With a straight blade you can put on wings, or sides that are at a 90 degree angle with the moldboard.

deere88

It aint bad at all. I believe the plow weighs 820 pounds. I have the torsion bars cranked about 5 turns and 1000 pounds if salt in the bed. It squats about 1/2 of an inch. Its heavy duty enough for me, its a good truck

the only problem i have noticed with crankin the torsion bars was that it hurts the payload because the rear dosnt sit higher anymore and also i have seen a lot of tie rods break on those GMs when the torsion get cranked up.

I was goin to get a dmax crew cab and put a 8ft western on the front but i thought i would be better off to get the ford powerstroke since the fgvw was 6000 pounds.

ohioduramax

Thats why you get a 3500 SRW or add a leaf spring to a 2500HD like I did. My torsion bars are up and the back end still sits higher. My truck sat level when I was pulling a bobcat 430 excavator. Ive never had a problem with tie rods breaking. Just dont jack your torsion bars all the way up.