• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What machine to screen sand from cobble stone

Snipe

I own a quarter of land with cobble stone and under the stone is a deep deposit of sand. I have a market for the sand but it has to have no stone in it so the question is what type of screener will work for this. I am just starting out so my budget is small but I also need something with decent through put. I was thinking of a Powerscreen MK11. Thoughts? David

lake side bob

Occupation
owner operator
Well if you are starting out are you sure you have a market for the product you plan on making?
You will be trying to take market share away from an established gravel pit operation, they will notice and react to your actions, have you though of that?
If you have a market to sell the product into at first why do you not rent a screen and put up an inventory pile of product and see if it actually does sell,
that way if the business is a bust (failure) you are not out the difference of what you comment your self to in cost of the screen plant and the amount you will receive if you are forced to sell it.
Do you have enough cash on hand to get the operation up and running, that inventory pile you plan on producing is going to cost you a whole lot of money to make, think of what it is going to cost you before you go forward.

Snipe

Thanks lake side bob, the established pits in my area are running out of product and with a very active oil field near by demand for crushed rock and bedding sand is high. I am making a deal to get 10,000 yards of rock crushed but I would like to screen it first. I will look into renting a screener.

speedy

I have done some gravel crushing in southern Sask. I'd be interested in talking to you about this.

chinahonghaiqu

Occupation
Engineer
there is one equipment called vibrating screen, you may google it. It's especially used for screening sand from bigger size stone. When you choose the screen, pay attention to the mesh material. i know Mr.Chai from Malaysia, you can contact him 0060192607437. Good luck.