• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What kind of tractor?

SKP 428

What kind of tractor is this ,I bought this a few years ago and want to see if any of you guys know what it is. The engine a JD it has 2 cylinders water cooled and is gas and has a 3 speed trans . Looks home made to me .Hand crank to start it .

Attachments

• 046.jpg
    046.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 854
  • 038.jpg
    038.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 887
  • 035.jpg
    035.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 865

Deas Plant

Wottizzit?

Hi, SKP428.
It has a sort of a Panzer look about it but I never saw a Panzer with what looked like an old pick-up chassis for a main frame and I've never heard of a Panzer with a JD diesel engine.

Yer got me.

SKP 428

Here are some more photos of the tractor

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 794
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 804
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 794

rino

Occupation
Drive steel bed Dump Truck for a paving company
Could that be an early Economy? They were designed for the farmer that had more then a tiller would do, and less than a Ford 600 - 800 work load!

DarrylMueller

Occupation
Excavating Contractor & Operator
What make is the engine, are you sure it JD. The front wheels are not anything Deer would use. I suggest going to the JD two cylinder club and see what the think?

jhill

The engine is a JD engine from either an L tractor or an old pull type combine. The rest looke home made. Deere did not make the chassis.

Jerry

rino

Occupation
Drive steel bed Dump Truck for a paving company
Jerry I agree. The JD was an after thought! That was a spare engine, or a cost effective backup to something else! Those engines were on the JD Mod L, A, LA, and AL, as well as a portable power unit used for combines, and pickers.