• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

what is the best tracked skid steer?

Shimmy1

Seems like a battle with Cat and Kubota.. and I see Takeuchi thrown in..
Kubota has some bad emissions stuff going on. They all have their problems, I'll stay with Bobcat. I just don't care for the feel of the Cat controls at all. I like Case/NH even less, Deere is the worst IMO for control.

I've never ran a Tak. Closest dealer is 300 miles away, so they are pretty much out.

TorontoGuy

Kubota has some bad emissions stuff going on. They all have their problems, I'll stay with Bobcat. I just don't care for the feel of the Cat controls at all. I like Case/NH even less, Deere is the worst IMO for control.

I've never ran a Tak. Closest dealer is 300 miles away, so they are pretty much out.
My neighborhood is all Bobcat Kubota Cat and Deere

Welder Dave

It depends on everyone's specific location and the dealers in their area. Just because a specific brand may be better, the dealer could be too far away or that dealer could be terrible to deal with. There's different criteria for determining what's the best or even the top 5. Also one brand could have 1 machine that's great and another machine that's nothing but problems.

MG84

I thought the Kubota emissions problems were with the larger machines? The under 75hp Kubota stuff seems pretty reliable, at least in my experience. I do know of a couple guys with SVL95's that have been battling problems with the DEF system.

Altitude

I'm looking into buying a tracked skid steer and i was just looking for some thoughts and ideas of ones to look at. right now im looking at bobcat, cat and ASV. any thoughts?
Don’t buy rubber wheeled tracks ASV is trash, buy CAT with steel wheel and track