• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What Hyd. oil to use???

dakuch

I recently purchased a Hitachi EX40UR mini excavator and would like to change the hyd.oil and filter not sure what is the proper oil to use. Any suggestions? Thanks JIM

WV earth mover

we use a brand called fuchs not that i think its best just that its readily avalible here due to a lot of mines use and its a little cheaper .most of its the same the main thing is keep it clean we change hydro filters at 500hrs which is more often than most manufactors recommend and as long as the oil looks good we dont drain for at least 2500hrs and we also always run an additive made by lucas called hydro booster this method has worked good for us

daman

Occupation
Agriculture,Truck Driver,Mechanic
I recently purchased a Hitachi EX40UR mini excavator and would like to change the hyd.oil and filter not sure what is the proper oil to use. Any suggestions? Thanks JIM
Call your Hitachi dealer and ask,why second guess?