• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What flavor would you buy

Construct'O

Occupation
Dozerwork,tiling plus many more!!!!!!!
Deere 50D

Deere here!!!!!:drinkup:usa

Attachments

• Deere 50D 006.jpg
    Deere 50D 006.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 624

strott

Occupation
Mini Excavator and dumper operator
The older models seem to be a bit dated as far as looks and overall performance goes. (the ECR range are the newest models)

They do dig really well though!!!!

TD-8

Occupation
heavy equipment operator
I am personally a Komatsu man. I love our little Komatsu. it is a PC 15-2 Japanese (gray market machine. it weighs about #7000). If I was going to buy a late model machine, i would get a PC-50 or PC-75.

luke

hadley

JD = Hitachi, Cat = Mitsubishi, Case=Kobelco. NH = Shcaeff/Terex. IHI, Kubota, Tak, Komatsu, and everything else, along with the first three = money to Japan, Korea, etc. Bobcat = made in North Dakota. No matter, they will all dig a hole. Good dealer means happy customer. Avoid gray markets unless you like throw aways, or you like buying parts online and can read Japanese.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
JD = Hitachi, Cat = Mitsubishi, Case=Kobelco. NH = Shcaeff/Terex. IHI, Kubota, Tak, Komatsu, and everything else, along with the first three = money to Japan, Korea, etc. Bobcat = made in North Dakota. No matter, they will all dig a hole. Good dealer means happy customer. Avoid gray markets unless you like throw aways, or you like buying parts online and can read Japanese.

NH=Kobelco as well as CASE. The Schaeff machines have been gone for sometime.

Bobcats are made in North Dakota but the money ends up in Korea. I suspect by the time it is all over, very little will be built in ND. BC's mini ex is very much in danger of getting replaced by Doosan's miniex. BC sat on their hands for far too long. They owned the mini ex market in NA for a long time. It was theirs to lose.

hadley

i guess they'll join everyone else and became an equipment veneer mfg. kind of sad really. hopefully they'll keep their dealer network strong, i know jd is pushing the ag dealers towards big corporate stores rather than mom-n-pops. does anyone know who makes the vermeer or ditch witch?? they look kind of cheap to me. maybe yanmar?? there are more mx choices than items on a mexican restaurant menu. i think i'll have number 39, hold the guacamole

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
i guess they'll join everyone else and became an equipment veneer mfg. kind of sad really. hopefully they'll keep their dealer network strong, i know jd is pushing the ag dealers towards big corporate stores rather than mom-n-pops. does anyone know who makes the vermeer or ditch witch?? they look kind of cheap to me. maybe yanmar?? there are more mx choices than items on a mexican restaurant menu. i think i'll have number 39, hold the guacamole

I hope I am wrong. Having grown up less then 100 miles from both BC plants in ND it would be devastating to lose those jobs.

DW is Komatsu I believe. I cant remember who builds Vermeers machine but its overseas.

DragNut

We are considering buying a 12-13000 pound machine. I know nothing about the smaller hoes. I have only had experience with the full size hoes. I am partial to Kobelco and John deere. So lets hear it..........................

I think IHI has one of the best mini Exc. out there, they have a beefy built machine with lots of power, we rent these out were i work and we have a fleet of them and they hold up very well. I would buy one of these over a Cat or a John Deere.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I think IHI has one of the best mini Exc. out there, they have a beefy built machine with lots of power, we rent these out were i work and we have a fleet of them and they hold up very well. I would buy one of these over a Cat or a John Deere.

My first mini ex was an IHI. I have nothing but good things to say about them. The service I got from the factory was excellent. I would likely still run IHI except it was easy to trade machines through the TK dealer. I still think the IHI control system is one of the best in the industry. Certainly better than what TK uses, which is not bad but it isn't as good as the IHI.

jmonk

I rented the 304C CR last week to cut a sloped driveway in, to dig a trench for a retaining wall, and to load my F-450 dump and I loved it so much, already looking for one to purchase this summer, waiting to find one cheap at a Auction. I say go with the CAT...

pemolitor

Anyone know who has side shift booms in this size machine. I have a Hanix sb580 that I'm trying to replace but can't find this option.