• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What do you think about buying this 955L

junior

Hi friends. I want to buy a 955L for loading top soil for gardens to dump trucks only some minutes in a week. I mean not for all day work or near it. This machine i found is half price for here about 4000$ price. seller says engine and gears are fine but undercarriage is worn as you see. do you think is it works fine for my little job, or you say ? Thanks for help.. And machine is :
https://www.sahibinden.com/listing/...-cikma-2.el-parcalar-bulunur-410706771/detail

Metalman 55

The one you are looking at is likely going to be a "K" model with "L" decals on it because the absence of the ROPS. Likely early 70's vintage, maybe even late 60's.

I have an old "L" model & it is a 1976 model I believe.

Even if the undercarriage is worn, it may be suffice for what you need. The one picture looks like a missing or broken pad on the bottom.

junior

thanks for answer. yes, pad broken and one roller is missing on the other side, but pad is 100$ , roller is 20$. And machine is 1978 model seller says.

Last edited:

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Get the s/n off the machine, will tell the full story as to what machine it is L or K and build year. Getting the shoe and a roller may suffice for a time, look hard at the undercarriage bolting points where they tend to shear at the equalizer cross frame and along the inside of the carriage trucks. If they will do it, have them raise the machine with the loader, check that all rollers roll thru smooth and are not side flange damaged then check the bolt holes for the missing unit for broken bolts that will require the truck frame be removed and inverted to remove.

Otherwise run it, make certain all operating gears function and steering works then try the loader on a pile of dirt to see how well will dig, that would determine for me if a deal or not.

oldirt

I owned an L for several years and it was a wonderful tough rig. I ran it a year on rags for tracks and if you can keep them on it will do what you want very cheaply. get on it and run it for one hour just digging a hole. you will find out if it runs ok.

workshoprat92

That machine is a latter model 955 with the D6 undercarrage. You can tell by the covers at the sprocket. 77-80 would be correct year range for that machine. Will be a serial #85j with a number above 10000

workshoprat92

That undercarriage is not that bad. Missing one roller. I have run way worse. All d6 parts will fit that undercarriage and 963 has same chain just one link longer. 963 pads also will work but you got to cut em down in size. If it were me id fix the rollers and do weld on grousers and for no more than your talking about using it it will last forever.

Reactions: LDK