• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What do you guys think?

Linkbelt HC

Occupation
Instructing Mobile Crane Apprentices
Hey Classic;
There is a company here in Edmonton with one. Northern Crane Service has an LTF 1045. It is a handy machine but a little top heavy. It is a tandem steer, tri-drive axle setup.

mitch504

would make a nice budget crane, though maybe a twin steer version of your avatar would be more practical

classictruckman

Occupation
Tree Climber/339A Crane Operator
Hey Classic;
There is a company here in Edmonton with one. Northern Crane Service has an LTF 1045. It is a handy machine but a little top heavy. It is a tandem steer, tri-drive axle setup.

I would prefer the 1060 if I had the money available for a unit like this, but the 45 isn't a bad machine either.

strut

The company I work for has 3 0f them, all on volvo chassis, they are a very handy little crane

boomguy

Hey Classic;
I might be wrong but i think it is just a tandem tandem t800.

Hard Nocks

Occupation
RT Crane Operator, Former Boom Truck Operator,
There are at least 2 1045's out here working, and I heard there is a new one for sale still. Axani's didn't have much for problems with theirs, accept for one of the taillights, and a few little things. I think that the 1060 put on a tandem steer, tri-drive would be a fantastic setup... Liebherr will have to get after it! A company in B.C. just put a National 55 ton on a tridem steer, tridem drive truck, with a fifthwheel...that would be intresting to see at work.

classictruckman

Occupation
Tree Climber/339A Crane Operator
I would definately be interested in a LTF 1060, but I'll have to wait a few more years until its time to replace our manitex, and the payments are done on some of our other trucks.

Hard Nocks

Occupation
There is articles on that 55ton national with a picture if you do a search for nbt 55 national.

Oh, here's a pic I managed to add.
121511_NBT55_sm.jpg

Forward

Occupation
Student
cost a nice penny to replace all the rubber but certainly a nice machine

Hard Nocks

Occupation
Yeah, the 445's on the front are around $700 to $800 Canadian, and the drive tires are probably $500 to $600 apiece... So probably up to $12000 in tires. Glad I don't have to buy them, lol!