• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What do you get to look at at work !!

rgaus

D5G, The last time I stopped in at Aberdeen Proving Grounds Museum was 25 years ago. It was a sad sight to see all that armor sitting out there rusting a way. From your pictures, it looks like there has been a lot of restoration work done. Next time I am passing through, I will try to stop and vist the museum.

Thanks for the photos.

Bob G.

Knucklehead

Well I am not 100% sure what I will be looking at ,but it is going to change. I took a test for a dozer job on Thurs. and they called me on Fri. So what that means is that I am moving up in the world(literally). I Get out of that 500' hole and get to see the sun shine again:cool2.

They are running D-9's with a coal blade, not sure of the model yet. I took my test on a D-8L that had a new motor, but needed help. Any how, I got the job. I am so looking forward to working outside again.

Cotterpin

Some days it's on the water . Somedays it's above the water . Some days it's below the water ! I still get to mechanic on it no matter which way it is .

Allendale Gravel 2009 021.jpg

Allendale Gravel 2009 013.jpg

Agco 09 006.jpg

JDOFMEMI

Well, picture 3 looks like a fine mess. Did you get a hole in the barge, or was it some vandals snuck in and pulled the draincocks on it?

Cotterpin

It was a big scab of scale that come off the bottom over a weekend . It's severely corroded on the interior and floor of the hulls . Running 4 bilge pumps controls moderate leakage . Plugged 4 holes this past week , they're about 1/2 in. dia after you clean the scale off . I have fixed them with 3/4 lag bolt with thick rubber washer . There's always 2in. water in hull floor all the time making repairs a challenge . Second pic was when area floods last yr left it high and dry on haulage road .

tootalltimmy

First picture is the view from the cab of a truck I drove for 12 years pulling a Super-B load of apples.

Second: I was on the way to Heavy Equipment School and they were building a new Walmart.

Third: Sorting metal out of an old dump site.

Fourth: View walking back to my car from the dump site.

Fifth: View from the rock truck I am driving at a road building job for a new subdivision.

Attachments

• dumpday3.jpg
    dumpday3.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 361
  • Westsidewalmart3.jpg
    Westsidewalmart3.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 363
  • Gradparade003.jpg
    Gradparade003.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 340
  • dumpday4.jpg
    dumpday4.jpg