• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What Browsers?

What Web Browser are you using

• Internet Explorer

Votes: 25 35.7%
  • Safari

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Mozilla FireFox

Votes: 38 54.3%
  • I use more than one browser depending on what I am doing

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Other (Please Elaborate)

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Google Chrome

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
Just like old netscape,,,,but less issues. Very fast browser. Has email integrated inside if you want it.

I installed SeaMonkey back in October and have been running it since. I'm very happy as its basically a version of Firefox with an integrated email program that solved the issues I had with Thunderbird.

The only thing I don't like is not having the little "+" sign to open a new tab that FF has.....and, as yet, I haven't found the setting for making a new tab automatically the home page.

The email program solved my signature issues and, overall, is a lot less complicated than Outlook to setup and use, whilst still having most of the features. Managing address books is shirtloads easier than Outlook.

I put the latest version of IE on SWMBO's machine but she quickly went back to FF.

All around I reckon Sea Monkey is a good deal....and I can't think why (in small business) I would ever buy MS Office again. The SunMicrosystems (Mozilla) stuff is every bit as good for Home and small office stuff.

Telkwa

I'm using Firefox within Ubuntu.

Firefox is more secure than any version of IE, and GNU/Linux is way more secure than Windows.

But really, a large part of staying safe on the Internet is using software that's NOT being targeted by the bad people. Microsoft products have the biggest targets painted on them. Apple's OS is considered 'safe', but that's largely because it's not being targeted. Linux enjoys that same advantage, multiplied several times over.

Since Opera is a pretty good browser, one of the "safest" set-ups would be Opera on a Linux PC.

Tiny

I have IE ,Firefox ,Goggle Chrome.IE was bad freeze ups and the like. started using fire fox but seemed to be a memory hog.Switched to Chrome and thats what I am using now.It works, dont care for the tab thingys but am getting use to it.Best out of the 3 Ive tried.

BarnStarFarm

Chrome for everything except when my son wants to watch Netflix vids online- then back to FF. Would not use I/E for anything at work or home.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I've been extremely disappointed with Internet Explorer lately. It was working slow, IE lockups, even after performing system maintenance. HEF member Tiny said he uses Chrome, so I figured what the heck and downloaded it.

I'm very happy with its performance, much faster than IE. Plus...and it's a big plus...it has a spell checker that works anywhere you're typing text using Chrome. Woo Hoo!

Also noticed this, when you do google searches, you can place your cursor to the right of search link hit, left click once with mouse, and it gives you a screen preview of the link. As you scroll up and down the search page, it keeps giving you screen previews of each search link on the page.

Pretty happy with Chrome. :)

google search screenshot.JPG

Grader4me

I have used IE for years and haven't had any problems. I use the google tool bar that has a spell check. I just figure if it ain't broke don't fix it...lol
I've tried other browsers, but keep going back to IE..

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Chrome for me still don't have any need to use the spam and virus gathering IE on my booter 'sept microsoft won't allow updates without it.:mad::mad::mad::mad: