• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What are the differences in a Cat C/CR/e

motionclone

Another question about CAT letter designations, what does the LC stand for? I believe its the long stick version but not sure because i havent been able to find an answer in 2 hours searchin. This is for a 305e2cr that the dealership calls a 305e2LC on paper.

Op didnt mean to hijack but my question didnt warrant a new thread.

Cmark

LC usually stands for Long underCarriage. That said, I don't see any mention of a 305E LC in SIS.

1705805300722.png

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I've never heard of a mini being referred to as an LC, let alone badged as one. That designation applies to full-size tracked excavators.
Do minis even have options as regards track frames apart from rubber or steel tracks.?

AFAIK stick options are just part of the attachments. Two machines the same model can come off the production line with consecutive Serial Numbers (H5M01023 & H5M01024 for example). One can be a Std stick, the other a long stick.

Attachments

• Specalg.pdf
    328.5 KB · Views: 2

motionclone

I've never heard of a mini being referred to as an LC, let alone badged as one. That designation applies to full-size tracked excavators.
Do minis even have options as regards track frames apart from rubber or steel tracks.?

AFAIK stick options are just part of the attachments. Two machines the same model can come off the production line with consecutive Serial Numbers (H5M01023 & H5M01024 for example). One can be a Std stick, the other a long stick.
Scroll down a few

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Scroll down a few
LC is not an official factory model designation. The first machine on that link that is listed as an "LC" is H5M12004. Funnily enough it and the other two machines similarly listed are all being sold by the same entity. A figment of some salesman's imagination I would opine....

Even the seller's detailed description makes no mention of LC apart from the title line.

1705809043351.png

Last edited: