• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Welcome!!!

tonka

Welcome to the site matt4x4, since you now have 3 posts you can make your own thread and ask away... good luck with your mini ex!

Crawler Hawler

Hi all,

Been in mining for 12 years. I was fortunate enough to start early (I'm 31),
and learn from some good experienced operators. I get to operate just about everything in our quarry including a D9L, 16G and 992G among others..

Joined up here cause of all the good info and pictures!

maytag

maytag

Very nice forum with a large base of knowledge. I'm not involved with heavy equipment now, I'm an industrial mechanic and a hydraulic technician-thought maybe I could lend a hand with some of the hydraulic problems that weren't
"product specific" and in return possibly improve my skillset.

Tom

andmac

andmac

Hello all, im 28 and have been using a kx91-2 for about 8 years doing concrete work (slabs, foundations, driveways ect) and want to get into full time excavation work. The kubotas old and bit loose and i want to upgrade to a newer slighty bigger machine.
As for hobbies i don't mind a hunt now and then. Bunnies, small game, pigs and getting into deer.
Good site by the way only one i could find like it. Hoping to get some advice looks theres a lot of good, experienced operators on this site and happy to help others if i can.
Cheers.:drinkup

farmergeo

Hello everyone,
I'm a Sheep & Cattle farmer in the East Cape, South Africa.I have always been interested in Heavy Machines and recently saved an abandoned JD 401CD from being completly stripped and will be asking members on how to rebuild the remains into a workable TLB.

stock

Welcome there Farmergeo ,enjoy the forum, get you post numbers up to start your own thread,and well post some pictures and have at it ..

Hello....just joined, after lurking for a few months. I am a retired tool and die maker, and the not so proud owner of a JD450C crawler/loader. Bought it last fall to carve some hard clay, here in Michigan....The old girl is getting tired, presently dead on a hill. More to come later.

Soiled

Hello all, joined after researching dozers, which I'm in the market for. Just found out I have 2 dead holes in my New Holland LX885 so I'm currently searching for horror stories about them on the site. Anyways, thanks in advance for all the pros that take time out of there lives to help the uneducated heavy equipment owners like myself.
Jeremy

graderkev

graderkev ,here found the website over the weekend and love it i ran a cat in the oilfield for bout 4 yrs now i run a grader for the county where we live here in southwest kansas and love it:

willie59

Administrator
Welcome to the forum graderkev. :usa

Running a grader for that county, gotta be a great job. ;)

Hi Soiled, welcome to the forum. :)

Your not far from me in Onieda. Chilton Tractor on Hwy 27 used to be a New Holland dealer, are they still there?

BTW, nice new avitar G4m

150 Timmy

It's cool to know that I'm not the only heavy equipment geek out there. I'm an operating engineer apprentice and I can truely say I love my job. IUOE LOCAL 150

kiwi

hello all from new zealand , great looking forum. i work in a quarry & operate an ex700 as well as a volvo a35. our other machines are ex400 x2,ex200 x2,terex dumpers x2,volvo a25, volvo l120 & a new volvo l230. great forum & i hope to chat with others soon. cheers regards bluey

du5tyl

Du5tyl - Dusty Lane

Hello All;
I own and operate a Cat 252b. Just found this forum the other day and think it is great. Have found it difficult to find information on heavy equipment out there on the net - especially for caterpillar.

Rally_Action

Hi Guys,

Probably did things the wrong way round. I've posted threads on the forum before introductions...:rolleyes:

I'm currently looking for my own backhoe for my property.
Spent the last 10 years or more on and off machinery, mostly excavators from 1.5T-30T, bobcats and backhoes within the utilities and mining industries.
These days I don't operate with my job, however I manage a lot of civil works projects where staff and/or contractors are using HE.

Great forum and invaluable knowledge base here....

Karl

transdat

Hi Guys

I have been involved in heavy machinery for about 20 years here in Australia. Just found this site and it is great to see boys still want to play in the sand pit. Loking forward to speaking to you all.
Regards

Bob

s1120

Hey there guys! Im new to the Heavy Equipment world, but not tractors and stuff. Just picked up a old Case 580CK for use around the land. Fell into a deal, and its WAYYY over kill for me, but I have a list of uses for it a mile long allready!!!!