• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Weird Grader Applications

farm_boy

Anyone have knowledge (or better yet pictures) of strange applications for a grader. I found this one the other day in California. I can't say that I have seen a grader used for clearing tumble weeds!!:beatsme

Attachments

• T weed grader 1.jpg
    T weed grader 1.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 14,436
  • T weed grader 2.jpg
    T weed grader 2.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 9,703
  • T weed grader 3.jpg
    T weed grader 3.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 14,618
  • T weed grader 4.jpg
    T weed grader 4.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 13,607

Wolf

California

Why not? In California, anything goes.

(Some would say that's innovation.)

334 lawn co

Occupation
surplusonthe.net equipment auctions
ive seen one completely outfitted with boom mowers on the sides and a flail underneath. pretty cool lookin. no pics though.:beatsme

Wulf

farm_boy are you sure that Deere doesn't have some secret revolutionary circle and moldboard under development and that isn't just camouflage?

farm_boy

Come on Wulf....I'm not that connected.:cool2 As you may tell, I am a tiny bit bias towards the leaping deer, but this just happened to be a 672 working along side of the road. I just thought others might have some far out there applications they have seen graders in. Lawn co had a great one that I would have never thought about.

Grader4me

I'm not crazy about his methods, as he has a lot of material coming up over his circle etc. I would assume that he is dragging it so far, then dumping into a pile.
I think the best way to do that(for loose material, grass etc.)is extend the moldboard to the far left or right(depends which way you are cutting) and make your passes, keeping the material on one side of the grader. This way you have better control of carrying and discharging your material. Also if carrying it and dumping into a pile, you can dump and not have to drive your front end up into the material that you previously dumped.

keep in mind that common sense also comes into play, as you would not want to load your moldboard so heavily on one side that it is causing strain on the moldboard/circle etc.

Type of material will dictate on how much you can carry.

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Here's one. Its an asphalt grinder and gravel road resurfacer.

grader grinder.jpg

grader grinder (2).jpg

grader grinder (3).jpg

grader grinder (4).jpg

grader grinder (5).jpg
link

Countryboy

Occupation
And here is something for all the operators that want pilot controls but don't have them.

GraderStick_lgr.jpg
link

The GraderStick™ is a single lever multi-function “joystick†that can be added to most existing motor graders and operates all of the blade functions plus front wheel tilt, articulation and scarifier (or ripper). It provides the operator with proportional fine control ability to the lift/lower and side-shift functions of the blade and adds single hand straight up and straight down blade control. The operator is also easily able to perform multiple blade movements simultaneously.

GraderStickâ„¢ can be moved between graders and leaves the original motor grader controls in place and fully functional

Countryboy

Occupation
Here's one I found. Its a pretty intricate setup with alot of blades. I'd hate to be the one changing the cutting edges. This is a 1978 Champion 760.

GRADER.jpg

GRADER 2.jpg

GRADER 3.jpg

GRADER 4.jpg
link

Countryboy

Occupation
And this is how you pack a Cat 14G into a shipping container. :cool2

PACKING 2.jpg

PACKING 3.jpg

PACKING 4.jpg

Packing.jpg

PACKING 5.jpg
link

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
The county here has a few old 12's here they use with the old style boom mowers. cylinders with sheaves on the ends to run the boom no blade just a mover for the boom arm. I have a Cat book from Canade thats got old Cat pics in action with a 12 with the hand slappers controls with a Martin Grader/Scraper attachment Its just a 3 maybe 4 yard Bowl that goes on a short draw bar. Looked good for moving material. and also some hub work. My new uncle has a pit and he uses a grader to mix his gravel and push a slot to the dozer at the same time so not to wear out his dozer. He moves alot of material this way. The most incredible thing though was in Birmingham a year ago I saw a 143 with a push block push loading 621's a a few 627's. The foreman said the block was from Cat and is saed alot of wear on the dozers in under carriage and time.