• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Weathering, detailing, dicast models and dioramas

tiking

Been doing some extra work for a few friends and other; Weathering, modifications (adding plumbing and small details on some, like the Åkerman M25B ,which was a basic model) and testing out placing these construction machines in dioramas. Here are some of them. Sorry, for some reason the pics do not show in post. I think the admin or owner of the site should fix it so pics can show in post. I really do not understand the point of not doing it. Sorry.

h25b_dio5.jpg

h25b_dio4.jpg

h25b_dio3.jpg

h25b_dio.jpg

volvo_450cl9.jpg

volvo_450cl8.jpg

volvo_450cl7.jpg

volvo_450cl4.jpg

volvo_450cl3.jpg

a25etestshots6.jpg

a25etestshots8.jpg

a25etestshots7.jpg

a25etestshots4.jpg

a25etestshots3.jpg

a25etestshots.jpg

3-1_construction12.jpg

3-1_construction9.jpg

3-1_construction7.jpg

3-1_construction6.jpg

3-1_construction4.jpg

3-1_construction3.jpg

3-1_construction2.jpg

sortare_complete7.jpg

sortare_complete5.jpg

sortare_complete4.jpg

sortare_complete2-1.jpg

sortare_complete3.jpg

digger_dumper_dio6.jpg

digger_dumper_dio7.jpg

digger_dumper_dio8.jpg

digger_dumper_dio9.jpg

digger_dumper_dio10.jpg

digger_dumper_dio11.jpg

Last edited:

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
First, great work! It's been a long time since I had the time to do any modelling, and I'd love to have been able to get results like yours. :thumbsup

I think the admin or owner of the site should fix it so pics can show in post. I really do not understand the point of not doing it. Sorry.

The reason we're willing to use the server space and bandwidth to host pictures here is that, if they're hosted elsewhere, the possibility exists that they could be removed at a later date. Those little red Xs don't tell you much.

Even in a thread such as this, where you're sharing pictures of models, if the pictures go missing, it can be very frustrating to the reader. In some other threads, where the pictures might be illustrating some critical bit of information about a machine part, or repair, or conditions out in the field that could give insight into our work as industry professionals, we really feel it's important to ensure that the pictures stay with the posts.

Of course, we do revisit these questions from time to time, so things are always subject to change...