• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

water wetter

da'yoop

Is the diesel water wetter the right stuff to use for anti-cavitation additive on my jd 410c?? I was reading up on it and it sounds like the right stuff, what do you guys say?:beatsme

xcmark

Occupation
construction
If JD says to use a anti foaming agent , dont count on Water wetter to do what you need. I have seen pin holes in liners on IH over the road truck motors because of not enough DCA in the coolant mixture. Water wetter is a good product on motors that need a little more cooling .

daman

Occupation
Agriculture,Truck Driver,Mechanic
I wouldn't use that,what coolant do you have in there now?

da'yoop

i don't know....i just bought it. i'm going to flush and fill it and somebody on here was saying i should put in anti-cavitation additive so i called napa to see what they had. all they had was the water wetter. i looked it up online and read up on it....sounded ok but i figured i'd ask here first. i also plan on calling the dealer to see what they recommend.

ScottAR

They should be able to get it through Wix 24056 I think is the number. Wix Cool some purple stuff in a white bottle. I think it's a
pint.

Mikefromcny

Occupation
Mechanic
I get my additive at the local Cummins dealer, Its called DCA. about 6 bucks for a bottle.

da'yoop

I called the JD dealer and not suprising they said to use the john deere anti-freeze and it's got the additives in it. They tell me all I need to do to flush it is to disconnect the lower hose and run regular water thru it. Then fill with the JD antifreeze. It's not plugged or anything but I thought I would have to take it out and run water or a cleaner thru it backwards to flush it out. Am I even doing any good by just running water thru it?

daman

Occupation
I would do a flush(drain,refill with water,drain,refill with water)then drain good and use a approved coolant that will have your anti-cavitation additive in it already,JD coolant is very good by the way.

my last flush i used fleetguard's 50/50 mix coolant with additive ,good to go.

da'yoop

IMO I'd use the Deere coolant. Lots cheaper than replacing the liners.

I think that's what I'll do. It's kind of a pain to get it cuz they are an hour away and I could get the fleet guard stuff here in town. I guess I'd rather stick to the JD stuff and then won't have to worry if I'm hurting the liners.

daman

Occupation
I think that's what I'll do. It's kind of a pain to get it cuz they are an hour away and I could get the fleet guard stuff here in town. I guess I'd rather stick to the JD stuff and then won't have to worry if I'm hurting the liners.

If you can get fleet guard coolant go for it it's a good/excellent coolant also.