• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Washing air filter

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
A couple of pieces of info that be of interest.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• Ejector filter 073633.pdf
    4.9 MB · Views: 20
  • Engine Topspin.pdf
    326.5 KB · Views: 18

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
I remember seeing a precleaner on a crusher genset similar to the bag house on an asphalt plant. Long wire mesh tubes with fine mesh bags over them. The heavier particles get caught by the bags. Every so often a blast of compressed air is shot into each bag causing the particles to fall to the bottom of the chamber where they fall out. Too cumbersome for a machine, but if someone could make a compact model

farmerlund

Occupation
Farmer/ excavator
We installed the Donaldson top spin on our large 4 wheel drive tractors, 550hp. Made a huge difference in the amount of fine dust/dirt getting into the factory filter. Been using them 3-4 years.

DslDrew27

Anyone have experience with Sy-Klone's XLR Precleaner? currently we're changing the primary air filter on our Cat 316 at roughly 75 to 100 hours. This machine does have a 9001 sy-klone on it. running in a C&D Debris transfer station.

we also run a B66 Rotochopper that we're changing filters pretty frequently. Anyone care to take a stab at the air flow requirement for a twin turbo Cat C18? 1 Sy-Klone XLR per every 350 CFM, I'll take a guess and say I'd have to run 4 units. Curruntly it has Centri precleaners on it.

Delmer

If the turbo's blowing 20PSI does that double the cfm's? I don't know. Or if that's taken into the calculation.

I don't think I'd want those electric fans in the dirty airstream, seems like nothing but trouble. They'd only be needed at near full load, any lower load and the suction wouldn't matter. The air filter restriction is over rated IMHO, but I don't work on C18's in grinders either. On the stuff I see the air filter restriction indicator rarely trips or even moves, the bigger issue is keeping the filters intact and not leaking dirt into the engine, that will make trouble fast.

mitch504

pressure won't change displacement, it changes amount of molecules in the same volume

I'm with you on the restriction indicators