• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Wacker ST31

PJ The Kid

Occupation
Mechanic
Wondering if anyone has any experience with the Wacker Neuson ST31 ctl. They came in low bid for a replacement unit here and we have one as a demo. Just wondering what to look out for or if there are any major known problems before we go ahead with them. There aren't many around here for me to ask around other jobsites or contractors

gearhead82

I rented one about 3 weeks ago for a week while my machine was in the shop. I rented the ST28 (same machine, just the radial version of the ST31). Initially I was thinking that it was going to be too small for my use (I currently have a Bobcat T650) but was surprised by the power. It was as strong, if not stronger, in the dirt than mine. I'm now questioning whether my machine is too big!The cab was significantly better than the Bobcat too.

My T650 is only 6 months old so I don't plan on buying again for another year or so. However after my experience with the ST28, I will definitley give Wacker Neuson a strong look.

PJ The Kid

Occupation
Mechanic
Thanks for the input, after running this machine for a while, it seems fast! also like how you can use the trigger to speed up the hydraulics for flipping or bucket cleanout, although not sure how my operators will like it. The demo we have does't have roller suspension, which my main operator thinks is a must, but I thought it was pretty smooth anyway.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
The guys engineering the WN have built a lot of the most popular BC machines. Their team is not new to designing and building skid steers. There is a very strong commitment to the skid steer product line by WN, and they have a great warranty to back that up. I have been waiting for the 100 hp machines to come out myself.

PJ The Kid

Occupation
Mechanic
I do see they have a great warranty, and support here is great so far, at least with the sales team, who also used to work for BC. They are taking the demo back today but most of my crews have run it and have loved it.