• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

WA/OR Strike

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
Hallback: I'm sorry to hear that but understand exactly how you got to that point. Are you down sizing or quitting the business completely?
Start with downsizing but I would like to just quit the industry altogether if I could.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Loggers and mechanics have some things in common. Lots of specialty knowledge, lots of hard work, lots of outside in the weather and not many new people that are hungry enough to have to show up for work. Bad thing for you is a market that won't pay enough to keep going for the long run.

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
Hallback what would you do if you’re not logging?

crane operator

I'm sorry the logging sector is in such a bind right now Hallback. I would think with the still high prices for lumber, everything would be wide open, but evidently the rates haven't kept up with expenses.

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
I'm sorry the logging sector is in such a bind right now Hallback. I would think with the still high prices for lumber, everything would be wide open, but evidently the rates haven't kept up with expenses.
Thanks, they sure haven't.
Sold a processor today & service truck will go later this week.

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
SPI is the same way, any 3/4 retarded driver wants the "Truck boss" position & they can't even manage themselves let alone another 25 of idiots just like 'em.

They make a bunch of changes to make it "right" and then quit due to the colossal mess they made backfiring on them.